Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered accommodation at Lindop house at Queen Mary, but I really wanted to get an ensuite room in the student village. What are the chances of this happening if I email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themighty)
    I've been offered accommodation at Lindop house at Queen Mary, but I really wanted to get an ensuite room in the student village. What are the chances of this happening if I email them?
    No one here knows. Email/call QMUL and ask them directly.

ReputationRep:
    when did u apply for halls? i applied 2 weeks ago, would prefer ensuit but i jsut hope i get a room

ReputationRep:
    I applied a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themighty)

nil. I'm in the same boat, and emailed them (twice) and spoke to some woman on the phone. She said the only chance of changing is after October 9th, when they release mid-term vacant rooms. 'til then, you have to either like it or lump it, well that's pretty much how she made me feel about it. Anyway, what room have you been given?

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you register your interest in changing rooms and come mid-term you should get the chance. A couple of people moved out of my halls and they got filled back-up before xmas (one room by someone from the same block?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naino)
    Make sure you register your interest in changing rooms and come mid-term you should get the chance. A couple of people moved out of my halls and they got filled back-up before xmas (one room by someone from the same block?).
    yeah, the lady on the phone says register you interest after October 9th in order to get considered mid-term. Personally, whilst I saw it as a big blow (not only cos i's have to share bathroom, but also not having my own fridge), I think I'll live with it once i've started living there. After all I'll be saving about a grand which can go towards deposit for the next year's accomm with my gf.

Anyway, going away from the topic there. Yeah, so go speak to them in the accomm office October 9th and let them know you'd like to move. No doubt you'll be moved.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, the post by Joeybee was sposed to be by me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeybee)
    yeah, the lady on the phone says register you interest after October 9th in order to get considered mid-term. Personally, whilst I saw it as a big blow (not only cos i's have to share bathroom, but also not having my own fridge), I think I'll live with it once i've started living there.
    I lived in en-suite halls and know loads of people who lived in shared-facility blocks. It seemed to me like the shared facility blocks had a better camaraderie because everyone shared the common spaces and saw each other more. the only time I saw my flatmates was when they let me in on a night.

But then again my flat was full of boring Russians.

ReputationRep:
    i second that

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have an offer for en-suite accommodation at Albert Stern House in QM! It's £92 a week but I really want to live in pooley house next year because my boyfriend is living there! If someone is willing to swap I'm willing to pay them £105 a week for Pooley House Halls.

Thats a making of £13 extra per week which works out to a profit of £468 for the year! Think of all the extra drinking money!

Let me know if your interested and email me on [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ektaa7)
    Hi!

I have an offer for en-suite accommodation at Albert Stern House in QM! It's £92 a week but I really want to live in pooley house next year because my boyfriend is living there! If someone is willing to swap I'm willing to pay them £105 a week for Pooley House Halls.

Thats a making of £13 extra per week which works out to a profit of £468 for the year! Think of all the extra drinking money!

Let me know if your interested and email me on [email protected]
    This sort of thing is not permitted. All room changes must go through the residences department. You'd be foolish to change to Pooley just because of your boyfriend, they are not that far apart.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!

I know it has to go through residences but they said it would be quicker if I found someone who wanted to swap first and then came to them and let them know that we were swapping!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe living in a different building will give you a bit more independence, which can only be a good thing. Going to the same uni as your bf is weird enough, let alone not being able to handle being a 5 minute walk away!

An en suite and personal fridge is nice, but everyone I know who is in Ifor or Lindop enjoyed it just fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 13, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.