Guy: why do you lash out at a girl when you get rejected?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Or even just think they are being rejected?? Often I've noticed guys saying snarky **** and almost trying to verbally punish girls (me) for rejecting them.

I don't even know these guys that well so it's not like I've been leading them on for months and then rejecting them
Comus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some people are just very immature and have an over-inflated sense of self-worth, though I would (or would like to) think that these people are in the minority.
Gonzales95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's probably some self affirmation/repairing their ego. They're trying to compensate for/get over your rejection by devaluing you - it's not your fault, don't worry. Many guys struggle with rejection, and they all have different coping methods. This one is a common one, especially if the guys are drunk or have a huge ego. With guys with huge egos it's like they have a right to go out with you because they asked. It's ridiculous.
forsparta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some guys don't know how to handle rejection, I would only lash out if there was a justification i.e. been led on.

The fact that some guys don't know how to handle rejection doesn't mean that all guys don't know how to handle rejection, and likewise just because some women are manipulative, doesn't mean all women are manipulative. Can't generalise really.
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
that's a generalisation - guys don't do it and more than girls do; girls just ask people out less, but it's still in proportion I would say
ChocInABox
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bob: omg look at this sweet Firarri

Mark: mate have you seen the price tag on that thing

*Bob looks at price tag*

Bob: the wipers look like they might be squeaky..this car sucks!

:rolleyes:

they are just being immature because there is something they want (you) which they can't have. Just ignore them and continue to do your thang!
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've never heard of anyone I know behaving like this unless there are other factors involved, such as leading on or insensitivity on the part of the girl to the point of cruelty.
datpiff
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Or even just think they are being rejected?? Often I've noticed guys saying snarky **** and almost trying to verbally punish girls (me) for rejecting them.

I don't even know these guys that well so it's not like I've been leading them on for months and then rejecting them
Some guys don't know how to handle rejection. It's a way for men to repair their ego. You see: guys don't have the support circles that girls have. A girl can go crying to her mates and she'll get tons of support. A guy will just get told to 'man up' by his friends. In some cases the guy is an *******, but in some cases where leading on and cruelty is involved then the hate is warranted.

Then again some girls don't know how to reject a guy. A lot of girls don't even have any decency and don't even take the guys feelings into account. They treat us like we're all after one thing. Like men don't get depressed and cry. I've been rejected by some pretty nasty *****es in the past. The kind of girls who 'know they are hot' and have put themselves on a 'massive pedstal'. These girls like to be worshiped.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
I've never heard of anyone I know behaving like this unless there are other factors involved, such as leading on or insensitivity on the part of the girl to the point of cruelty.

(Original post by datpiff)
Some guys don't know how to handle rejection. It's a way for men to repair their ego. You see: guys don't have the support circles that girls have. A girl can go crying to her mates and she'll get tons of support. A guy will just get told to 'man up' by his friends. In some cases the guy is an *******, but in some cases where leading on and cruelty is involved then the hate is warranted.

Then again some girls don't know how to reject a guy. A lot of girls don't even have any decency and don't even take the guys feelings into account. They treat us like we're all after one thing. Like men don't get depressed and cry. I've been rejected by some pretty nasty *****es in the past. The kind of girls who 'know they are hot' and have put themselves on a 'massive pedstal'. These girls like to be worshiped.
What would you define as leading someone on and cruel insensitivity?

I do sometimes worry that I've been really insensitive to guys' feelings unwittingly probably because most guys project such an image of bravado that it's difficult to think about how they might be feeling in the moment (or maybe that's just an excuse that I tell myself). But some guys can be exceptionally entitled and play head games (being dismissive to the point of rudeness/ ignoring girls/ trying to get her to win their approval), then wonder why a girl might become distant once she realizes that he might likes her and was being a tad manipulative if you know what I mean.

Either way I don't want to unnecessarily hurt people's feeling esp coz I know how raw matters of romance can be!
Gonzales95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have to say I don't really know how to handle rejection, sometimes I play out the scenario of potential rejection in my mind, sounds a bit defeatist (it probably is) but then at least I know what to expect. I don't really know, I'm hopeless with girls.
bluemax
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its a blow to their 'ego' "OMG!!!! how dare she rejected me!!!! :eek: :eek3:, I will be so rude to her now"
50lashes
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

the only lashing out should be officially sanctioned lashes given to those who make offences of a sexual or moral nature
Heimdall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I've never been rejected in my life, take that :awesome:

Spoiler:
Show
I've never made a move on a girl either

Posted from TSR Mobile
50lashes
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mubariz)
I've never been rejected in my life, take that :awesome:

Spoiler:
Show
I've never made a move on a girl either

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 lashes for this offence
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think both sexes are guilty of this. Many girls deep down think a guy doesn't have the right to reject her. A few girls told me once that it isn't ok to reject a girl because it hurts however it is ok to reject a guy because they're used to it.

People like that make me enjoy it all the more to be honest.
Heimdall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
I think both sexes are guilty of this. Many girls deep down think a guy doesn't have the right to reject her. A few girls told me once that it isn't ok to reject a girl because it hurts however it is ok to reject a guy because they're used to it.

People like that make me enjoy it all the more to be honest.
This is the truth :top:

(Original post by 50lashes)
2 lashes for this offence
WHAT!? I didn't do anything :cry:
hb2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
there are a variety of contextual variables here and it also depends on how severely you mean lashing out.
love can turn to hate in an instant, and if you are rejected by someone you feel passionately about it's common to feel angry.
I mean, if you get rejected by someone you just met and decide to go slash her tires, that's out of order.
but if you have a full infatuation going on it's common to have the desire to make insults or cutting remarks over the next few days.
it's just a way of dealing with some intense feelings. it's also a way of being like "I don't need that girl, I'm too good for her anyway" which prevents loss of self esteem.
think of the eight stages of grief. a lot of the stages seem weird and unrelated to the grief, but it's just something unavoidable that the mind goes through.
iheartplums
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
By rejecting them you've bruised their ego so now they want to do the same to you.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The last girl who rejected me is now one of my best friends. Don't generalise.
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I find it hilarious when you get called ugly for rejecting them.

Well, wasn't I just as ugly when you asked me out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.5%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.43%

Watched Threads