Poverty is controlled.

Watch
Hertz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How in this day and age do we still have poverty? We have flying cars now, solar energy planes, electric planes, AI robots, artificial hearts which can pump forever. From 2000 the world has spent so much on wars, that if spent to treat poverty, we could eradicate it over 5 times. The US military spends enough in 2 weeks on training exercises that if the 2 weeks worth of finances went towards poverty it would support them for something like 1 - 2 years, maybe more.
So poverty has to be controlled, its a business. People donate to charity but the charities take a percentage and many are government owned.
I just dont understand why we still have poverty, it doesnt make sense.
Studyboy157
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I never considered that, however it does make perfect sense!
Катя
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The inequality we see in the world today are just signs that "the system", whatever it is, is working properly (i.e. a very small number benefit massively from it & the majority are kind of stuck). So just a side effect of capitalism, I'm afraid.

I doubt there's a Big Plan or conspiracy or whatever to keep poverty in place, though.
Hertz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Катя)
The inequality we see in the world today are just signs that "the system", whatever it is, is working properly (i.e. a very small number benefit massively from it & the majority are kind of stuck). So just a side effect of capitalism, I'm afraid.

I doubt there's a Big Plan or conspiracy or whatever to keep poverty in place, though.
I think there is a big plan. It makes no sense. The amount of money coming in from the poverty industry is massive. They can't afford to stop it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
benplumley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Relative poverty still exists because in any system where people have personal wealth, some people will have more than others and the people who have less, regardless of how much they actually have, are said to be in poverty.

Absolute poverty still exists, in my opinion, partly (or even mainly) because of corruption in the governments of the countries where it exists.
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you know if all large mnc's bothered to pay there corporation tax in uk and usa, only a quarter of the money raised would be needed to eradicate absolute poverty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hertz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gladiatorsword)
Do you know if all large mnc's bothered to pay there corporation tax in uk and usa, only a quarter of the money raised would be needed to eradicate absolute poverty

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by benplumley)
Relative poverty still exists because in any system where people have personal wealth, some people will have more than others and the people who have less, regardless of how much they actually have, are said to be in poverty.

Absolute poverty still exists, in my opinion, partly (or even mainly) because of corruption in the governments of the countries where it exists.
Poverty is a business. And they are controlling and regulating it. For the money that is spent on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Катя
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hertz)
I think there is a big plan. It makes no sense. The amount of money coming in from the poverty industry is massive. They can't afford to stop it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the poverty industry?
Hertz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Катя)
What is the poverty industry?
The poverty industry is the poverty business. It produces poverty, injects it into areas, and regulates it. Then money comes in from charity work and other investment which don't fully go to the area. The world spent so much in war from 2000 we could have eradicated it over 5 times. It doesn't make sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed