Student Finance Wales - Living with my parents question. Watch

Extooth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm in the process of filling in my student finance Wales application, however I've got a few questions. I am still financially dependant on my parent, however, my girlfriend is renting a house from someone within the family, and I'm spending a lot of nights here. Does this make any changes to my application? It says my finance will be dependant on household income which has been my parents for the past 2 years already.. Shall I place her as my supporter? Is that legal?
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No you cannot do that, you will be assessed off your parents unless you marry her!
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Extooth)
Hey guys, I'm in the process of filling in my student finance Wales application, however I've got a few questions. I am still financially dependant on my parent, however, my girlfriend is renting a house from someone within the family, and I'm spending a lot of nights here. Does this make any changes to my application? It says my finance will be dependant on household income which has been my parents for the past 2 years already.. Shall I place her as my supporter? Is that legal?
As per balotelli, if you're under 25 and on good terms with your parents (assume so as they support you), then the only way of being considered independent is by marrying.

As it is, your 'household' is clearly still that of your parents. Your occasional night time hobbies are of no interest to SF.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (15)
38.46%
I really love the subject (13)
33.33%