IDonut246I
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How is everyone feeling about this exam? especially after the awful FP3 and lovely FP4
Sayonara
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you do on FP3?

Not to worry, the grade boundaries will be much lower this year due to no January exams and the exams are really close together (concentrated or dense).

Besides, a lot of people found it hard so don't worry over it. Maybe the odd few on TSR have found that exam okay though.
IDonut246I
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
FP3 started okay and i just remember it turning awful by the end, oh well its in the past now, any tips for FP2 ? :P
Sayonara
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IDonut246I)
FP3 started okay and i just remember it turning awful by the end, oh well its in the past now, any tips for FP2 ? :P
It was hard for me too. I found it as difficult as FP1 (June 2013) so hopefully the grade boundaries will be the same as the FP1 grade boundaries of June 2013.

I don't have many special tips but just try your best and prepare.
mathsRus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can someone tell me how to do the last question on AQA Jan 2011. I do not understand the last question on every single FP2 paper so can someone advice me ASAP on how to learn that stuff.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JAN11.PDF
mathsRus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lost good 20 marks and expecting to get a C or B if I am lucky
Jake011268
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Didnt get past n=k+1 in the induction, got the rest though, not a bad paper, mark scheme anyone?
Rohaan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jake011268)
Didnt get past n=k+1 in the induction, got the rest though, not a bad paper, mark scheme anyone?
You had to minus the n+1 term from the n term, Only after almost messing it up did i realise near the end how to do it. I've definitely lost 10 marks :/ But I thought the paper was quite difficult so if grade boundaries are anything like June 13, I might be alright.
Sayonara
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mathsRus)
Lost good 20 marks and expecting to get a C or B if I am lucky
Don't worry, I found that solid too. What were your maths scores (by module) if you don't mind?

I got around 97% in AS Maths too but I recall that you got 298/300. Did you not revise much or was it due to having a bad start? I did badly because I started the exam poorly which made me panic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads