Psychology at York - Biology AS Watch

Anon-a-mouse
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi

I received my AS level results today and found that I got a B in Biology (chuffed as for some reason I was predicted an E!!! *screw you evil lecturer lol!)

I know that York like you to have science subjects at A Level for Psychology but there's other subjects I wanted to carry on next year (Psychology, Sociology, Business Studies).

Just wondering- will it be frowned upon if I drop Biology now and carry on with my other subjects, or will it not matter because I have demonstrated a good knowledge of Biology with a B Grade at AS Level?

I know that Psychology is a lot like Biology, so I was just wondering if this would make any difference?

Any help would be much appreciated!

:suith: A :suith:
belafron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What did you get in your other subjects? Psychology at York is ultra-competitive and you really need to be looking at straight A's for a shot to get in there. The reason they ask for sciencey subjects is becasue Psych at York is very science based so you might be better carrying on with your most science based subjects though if you feel you have a better chance of getting A's in the other ones then go for them! If you are confused, then why not give the Psychology admissions department a ring (not in the next few days becasue they will be so busy)
Hope that has been some help.
Melana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well done on your biology result!! I've just got in with only Psychology as a science, so it's not essential, but I think it's preferable. It's difficult to know whether that would be enough, I guess you would be best contacting the admissions as you don't want to make a mistake and just miss out on an offer. Saying that, if you think you'll get better grades in the other 3, that's really more important. As are more important than sciences methinks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (296)
25.92%
Yes - they're famous (292)
25.57%
No I don't (554)
48.51%

Watched Threads