A-levels are getting too easy. Watch

This discussion is closed.
john171
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
A-levels are getting too easy. In my opinion, it's far too easy to get a grade A/B. Anyone agree?
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What A-levels did you take? seriously...
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think you'll find many people who agree with you here.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by john171)
A-levels are getting too easy. In my opinion, it's far too easy to get a grade A/B. Anyone agree?
agreed.
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Easy? Are you having a joke?
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I worked f***ing hard to get my AS grades. It's not like I just turned up the exams to get high marks. It required hard work, dedication, lots of revision and a lot of working until ridiculous hours in the morning around easter when all the coursework deadlines were. In my opinion making them harder wouldn't achieve anything useful.
john171
Rep:
?
I do not take any 'micky mouse' subjects. I take Physics/Chemisty/Biology/IT/CT.
Dharini1987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maths, Further Maths, Economics, French, Psychology = Easy, i think not. I challenge any of u to take a further maths paper and get a decent grade- its NOT easy!

Isnt it bad enuf when the media say it let alone some students agreeing with it?
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And you found them easy!? Well NO OFFENCE but by saying that you find A Levels easy is degrading for others, like me, who worked damn hard and did many re-sits to get the results I got today. Especially in Biology. So if you dont mind, could you not make generalisations about A levels being easy! Perhaps you work abnormally hard or enjoy making other's feel bad, but keep it to yourself next time.
bobbington
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Easy no, achievable yes. Do sod all during the year and expect a very high A no, work hard and expect a high A yes. Maybe people are getting smarter these days. Cant those stupid politicians or whoever understand that. Were not all stupid like MPs. Maybe students have got smarter over the last few years. So A Levels arent easy. I worked hard for my 4As at AS this year and I found Economics Edexcel extremely difficult and only scraped an A. Maths was easy as Im good at the subject but Chem and Physics required HARD WORK.
john171
Rep:
?
Everyone here needs to go back to planet earth. I just saw the subject on the news about A-levels being too easy, that's why I brought it up. No need to be so childish "so this is sam." Chill, no big deal.
Daveinnorfolk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
they only appear easier as people are taught to answer questions than understand their answeres... which makes it quite hard if like me you want to be original in your answers
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i get so annoyed when folks degrade the hardwork and effort students put in. But for a fellow student to be joining in! :eek: I guess its the glass half full half empty thing again. Why cant the students just be getting cleverer!

:topic: "sherunsaway" i have to give credit where its due. Great results mate
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
do you really think today is an appropriate day for this disscussion?
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guccilittlepiggy)
:ditto:
john171
Rep:
?
(Original post by guccilittlepiggy)
Yes, it was on BBC news this morning.
England Captain
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you look back at past 10/20 years its the same material being tested, but its made easier now because of all the revision guides, broken down questions, modules etc. plus we learn just to pass the exam, not to actually understand, there is too much emphasis on grades now.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by john171)
Come back and talk about this in 3 months time and not when people are getting their results.

Show some consideration and stop pissing on everyones parade
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?