The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 revision thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A.A96
Thanks! The main disadvantage is just that it doesn't show cause and effect, right?

Also the direction of causality cannot be established, and it only considers two variables which is unrealistic

Good luck for tomorrow!

That's great thanks! Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by Chevy Wood
Quick question, whats an alternative hypothesis again? Is it one tailed or two tailed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be either. One tailed and two tailed just show the direction of the alternative hypothesis
Sorry i meant alternate*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
[QUOTEevy Woodis 48094906]Sorry i meant alternate*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I havent come across that.

Ive learnt there Is the null hypothesis which states there is no significant difference and an alternative hypthesis which states there is a significant difference. Within alternative hypothesis there is one tailed amd two tailed. One tailed is when there is a direction to the hypothesis and two tailed is when there is no direction to the hypothesis. Hope that helps!

Good luck!
Strengths and weaknesses of individual differences approach anybody?
Original post by A.A96
The only time it has come up previously is in the jan 2011 paper but it came up in the part d comparison question. Looking at it now, neither the behaviourist nor the psychodynamic perspective have been the main focus of a section b :/

I honestly wouldn't mind a question focused on the psychodynamic perspective!

Good luck for tomorrow :smile:

Thanks! And I'm hoping that it's not psychodynamic, individual differences would be lovely.

Good luck to you too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExamTime17
Thanks! And I'm hoping that it's not psychodynamic, individual differences would be lovely.

Good luck to you too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling with individual differences. Would you be able to give me some strengths and weaknesses please?
Original post by Arch107
I'm struggling with individual differences. Would you be able to give me some strengths and weaknesses please?

Strengths are that the studies are usually high in ecological validity and they show us how we are unique ie the difference and so behaviour can be more easily predicted / understood and treated.

Weakness is they are often unethical and use small / ungeneralisable samples

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExamTime17
Strengths are that the studies are usually high in ecological validity and they show us how we are unique ie the difference and so behaviour can be more easily predicted / understood and treated.

Weakness is they are often unethical and use small / ungeneralisable samples

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent, thanks. Good luck for tomorrow!
I had a Politics exam yesterday, Sociology today and this tomorrow, so I haven't even revised for this apart from briefly looking at the approaches, how much of a gamble is this? I really need a B for uni but I've just been so exhausted to revise for this properly. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mind Palace
I had a Politics exam on Monday, Sociology today and this tomorrow, so I haven't even revised for this apart from briefly looking at the approaches, how much of a gamble is this? I really need a B for uni but I've just been so exhausted to revise for this properly. :frown:

I'm in the same boat. Had economics today and got this and psychology tomorrow :s-smilie:
I'm doing my main bit of revising for this now, so it'll mostly be a gamble. This unit is easier than G543 though, and since we learnt most of the studies for that exam, its basically just transfering knowledge from there and from AS about the approaches and stuff

Well that's what I'm telling myself
Original post by Arch107
I'm in the same boat. Had economics today and got this and psychology tomorrow :s-smilie:
I'm doing my main bit of revising for this now, so it'll mostly be a gamble. This unit is easier than G543 though, and since we learnt most of the studies for that exam, its basically just transfering knowledge from there and from AS about the approaches and stuff

Well that's what I'm telling myself

That's what I've been telling myself too haha. Hopefully our knowledge from the others is enough to compensate not fully revising. Ah well, hopefully an approach comes up, I've been kinda lucky with my other exams in terms of questions, so hopefully this will be the same. :tongue:
Can anybody please tell me any A2 studies in forensics for individual differences??:biggrin:
Original post by Mind Palace
That's what I've been telling myself too haha. Hopefully our knowledge from the others is enough to compensate not fully revising. Ah well, hopefully an approach comes up, I've been kinda lucky with my other exams in terms of questions, so hopefully this will be the same. :tongue:

Yeah I hope so too! Its basically a synoptic paper, we'll be fine! Good luck with it!
Original post by humairajam
Can anybody please tell me any A2 studies in forensics for individual differences??:biggrin:

I've got Fisher, Asch and Gudjohnsson :smile:
Original post by Arch107
I've got Fisher, Asch and Gudjohnsson :smile:

Though I'm not sure about Fisher.... maybe just the other two.....
Original post by Arch107
Yeah I hope so too! Its basically a synoptic paper, we'll be fine! Good luck with it!

Thanks, you too!
Original post by Arch107
Though I'm not sure about Fisher.... maybe just the other two.....

How is Asch individual differences?:confused::confused:
Original post by humairajam
How is Asch individual differences?:confused::confused:

I think it's because not everybody conformed to the wrong answer. It depends on the personality of the individual and how easily they're influenced, whether they follow the crowd etc
Original post by arch107
i think it's because not everybody conformed to the wrong answer. It depends on the personality of the individual and how easily they're influenced, whether they follow the crowd etc

thankyou!:d:d:d:d:d

Quick Reply