Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    did anyone find the OCR A2 results a bit wierd?!

my class all did lower than predicted, so my teacher may be getting them remarked!

were we all ****, or did anyone else think that?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    everyone at my school seemed to do well mainly As and Bs

ReputationRep:
    snap England Captain - so far I've heard all As and Bs. I even got 99/100 on the module I thought I'd messed up. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Our class seemed to do well... your results may reflect poor marking on the part of an individual examiner? :confused:

weren't the A2 results out of 90? I know the ethics and religious paper were.. and synoptic out of 120..? I'm really pleased with my result.. although I thought I did slightly better in the ethics paper.
    It sounds a bit strange that your entire class got lower than predicted.. I don't think I know anyone who did worse than they did in the mock papers... I hope your teacher can get a re-mark.

ReputationRep:
    I did better than I thought I would on the philosophy paper, about the same on ethics and worse on the synoptic, but overall I'm fairly happy

I was so worried about the synoptic paper... Turns out I did really well!! I couldn't believe it! I just wrote down everything I could remember... I'm glad our hard work paid off! I remember freting to you dramaqueen a few days before! congrats

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, congrats to you to. I'll really miss philosophy

So will I... I'm staying on an extra year and applying for uni in September.. I'm really tempted to do a degree with at least some philosophy in it..
    You still have us! We can talk philosophy until the cows come home

ReputationRep:
    where are you thinking of applying? How come you didn't apply this year?

ReputationRep:
    so...I've finally heard back from me teacher. A remark is £40! :O not sure if I can really afford it, or if it's worth it!

I got:
    Mod 4(2771) 37/90 (E)
    Mod 5 (2772) 50/90 (d)]
    Mod 6 (2791) 47/120 (U)

which overall meant that I got 320/600, which was a D.

god, its embarrassing writing that!.....

so, I have nothing to loose in getting my paper 6 remarked, I cant go any lower than an U! but at the same time, I have a place at uni, is it really worth it?

i cant really afford it either, is it true that they refund the £40 if your grade goes up? My teacher gave me the option of getting the script back, and him having a look, buts its embrassing, especially if i have just written crap!

what do you guys think? xx

ReputationRep:
    i'll recommend u to get the exam photocopied!!

Def get a re-mark if you genuinely feel you did better. You know what you wrote so you must have a general idea of whether or not you did ok. Or have you just completely forgot what you said?!

ReputationRep:
    well, i thought it went ok, but tbh, I can't really remember what I wrote, I need to go over to speak to my teacher at some point, but its such a trek over to colelge!

ReputationRep:
    Laus, Laus, Laus..

ExamWorrier, if you don't stop doing I'm going to report you. You're starting to upset me

ReputationRep:
    Last year's upper 6th got really marked down for the connections paper; our teacher got the papers sent up and one of them went up by about 26 marks or sth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2007

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.