The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Religious Studies Philosophy of Religion 11th June

Okay who feels ready for this exam? Up until this point I was quite chilled and now I am freaking out. What topics are you ace on and which ones are you less confident on? I good at religious language but Miracles is going to be the death of me! What questions do you think will come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by platosbesty
Okay who feels ready for this exam? Up until this point I was quite chilled and now I am freaking out. What topics are you ace on and which ones are you less confident on? I good at religious language but Miracles is going to be the death of me! What questions do you think will come up?

I'm panicking, I have psychology the same day:frown:
Religious language has so much content!I can't remember anything:frown:
I kinda like life after death though:3

Do you have any tips on how to remember the stuff in Religious Language?
Reply 2
Original post by _shikari

Me too! What exam board are you doing for psychology? I'm finding it so hard to balance the revision for both.

Yeah life after death just makes so much sense. Um for religious language I just have done so many past paper questions on it that I just remember it really well but I just sort of use the philosophers names to trigger their ideas in my head. Like as soon as I think of Anthony Flew I just think falsification, the parable of the gardener and 'death of a thousand qualifications' ...

I'm really unsure for this exam, what grade are you looking to get overall in religious studies?
Reply 3

I find that mind maps really help, and flashcards with strengths and weakness of different language methods such as via negativa etc.
Reply 4
Me too! What exam board are you doing for psychology? I'm finding it so hard to balance the revision for both.

Yeah life after death just makes so much sense. Um for religious language I just have done so many past paper questions on it that I just remember it really well but I just sort of use the philosophers names to trigger their ideas in my head. Like as soon as I think of Anthony Flew I just think falsification, the parable of the gardener and 'death of a thousand qualifications' ...

I'm really unsure for this exam, what grade are you looking to get overall in religious studies?

Im on OCR, wbu? And same:c I also have a science exam on Monday :frown:

ahh alrighty! I'm just trying to memorise as much content for each topic I can:3

This Is my worst subject I kinda want a B but I don't think I will get it tbh:frown: but I'll be happy with a C haha wbu?
I'd love a question on whether miracles and religious existence prove the existence of God.. Both questions on these, but without God's omnibenevolence included in them, and I'm going to ejaculate right in the exam LOL. A question on life after death would also be nice, but not about God's justice.. I don't see how I can write enough on that. Religious language is also fine, so I hope for that :P.

Nature of God.. Don't really like that. A question on scripture would also suck big time.

Aiming for full UMS marks hehe :biggrin:
There was a question from June 2008 about Hick and Dawkin;s body/soul distinction. Think its a horrific question-hardly know anything about Dawkins! Really hope he, and attributes of God aren't mentioned!
Do any of you know how to work out what I need to get in this exam and Religious ethics one to get an A overall?

For AS I got 100% in Philosophy and 84/100 marks in Ethics.

Thank yooooou
Reply 8
Im on OCR, wbu? And same:c I also have a science exam on Monday :frown:

ahh alrighty! I'm just trying to memorise as much content for each topic I can:3

This Is my worst subject I kinda want a B but I don't think I will get it tbh:frown: but I'll be happy with a C haha wbu?

I'm on edexcel and I need an A but I'm not sure whether I can do it because I feel like psychology is going to mess it up for me...
Reply 9
Original post by saimaahmadd
There was a question from June 2008 about Hick and Dawkin;s body/soul distinction. Think its a horrific question-hardly know anything about Dawkins! Really hope he, and attributes of God aren't mentioned!

I would love that question! I really hope nothing on Revelation comes up. Revelation is the bane of my life
Reply 10
Original post by CheesusCrust
I'd love a question on whether miracles and religious existence prove the existence of God.. Both questions on these, but without God's omnibenevolence included in them, and I'm going to ejaculate right in the exam LOL. A question on life after death would also be nice, but not about God's justice.. I don't see how I can write enough on that. Religious language is also fine, so I hope for that :P.

Nature of God.. Don't really like that. A question on scripture would also suck big time.

Yeh I would love questions on that. If I get a question on can scripture reveal God or something like that I will shove my pen up my nose and into my brain. Anything on life after death or religious language I will be so happy ugh I need an A in this so bad. But I'm just scared I'm gonna get a crappy marker...
Does anyone have any strengths and weaknesses of any topics?? my ao2 skills are terrible! if anyone can attach some that'd be great..
also do you think its the end of the world if i only revise for 3 topics?
Reply 12
you have to get 68% this year average. i got exactly the same at AS
Reply 13
Hi, does anyone know if we are allowed to bullet point in an ontological essay? or will that lose me marks?
Original post by CheesusCrust

Aaaaaand no question whether REs prove God's existence, a question on God's omnibenevolence with miracles.. Body and soul relationship instead of a question focusing more on life after death.. And myths and symbols weren't my strength either.

Full UMS marks my ass, now.
what were the 2014 ocr a2 questions on the philosophy paper?
Original post by Kudz04
Hi, does anyone know if we are allowed to bullet point in an ontological essay? or will that lose me marks?

It would be best not to use bullet points, but if you're running out of time at the end, my teacher said we could quickly bullet point things to show the examiner we have knowledge of the subject..

Hey :smile: I'm not sure which questions will come up, but I'm not feeling too confident. I love the ontological argument for a 30 mark, but not too sure on the 15 mark questions.. Religious language is making me want to cry loool. I just did a mock on this subject and didn't feel too good afterwards so I'm forcing myself to revise everyday now! (I probably won't, but still...)
Reply 18
Hello philosophy people... I'm doing OCR A2 Philosophy of Religion and my teacher is absolutely awful, I'm averaging a D and I need a B to get into uni! She teaches us some bits, but we have three different textbooks, all of which say different things :/ Can anyone tell me what specifically is in the Religious Experience, Miracles and Attributes of God units? It would save my life!! D:
Does anyone know the questions that came up last year?

Quick Reply