ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest, I dunno either.

BUT I'M EXCITED!

EEEEEEEEEEP!

:p:

ReputationRep:
    someone as excited as me !!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was delving into the post's made a year ago on this forum, and to be honest It is the place to go if you want any questions answered! And it looks like Freshers week will be a mix of standing in queues, events on in the evenings, and generally just chilling waiting for term to start. Oh and there is a semi formal Freshers Ball as well. Apart from that we have to wait and see, I am tres tres excited though!

ReputationRep:
    * Do we get a freshers pack? Or any information on what to do now?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Fresher's Week consists of, moving in Union nights aimed at Fresher's, Fresher's fayre where you can join up to societies, getting an introduction to your course, and most important of all its when you meet people and make friends.

ReputationRep:
    Semi formal..so what does that mean in terms of a dress code?! :O

ReputationRep:
    Girls like to wear the dresses they wore to their prom for that. Although cocktail dresses are fine too. Guys where a suit. There is no dress code for that event though. People just like to dress up.

ReputationRep:
    ah fab! i have some dresses..it's an excuse to go shoe shopping now!

ReputationRep:
    if that is semi-formal, what's formal ??

ReputationRep:
    Semi-formal as in you can dress as formally or as informally as you like. Some girls have big ball gowns, others have cocktail dresses. Some guys wear tuxes, others wear suits, and some wear jeans and a tee.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil B)
    Semi-formal as in you can dress as formally or as informally as you like. Some girls have big ball gowns, others have cocktail dresses. Some guys wear tuxes, others wear suits, and some wear jeans and a tee.
    Then how come some people got turned away from the freshers ball thing last year for not wearing smart shoes?

ReputationRep:
    Well from my understanding of semi formal would be that smart shoes are required, it's the same as a club not letting you in for wearing trainers, no matter how good they look!

ReputationRep:
    The students union website is quite helpful with what is going on during freshers week.

http://134.219.202.175/bb/viewforum....67f503673afafd

That ^^ is the link if it helps anyone. There are also pictures of freshers week events last year which might help with dress code q's.

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    FINAL WORD ON FRESHER's BALL (Which it is unlikely to even be named as it is not an exclusive event): There is NO dress code. Wear what you like.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.