can not bare the disappoint on my parents face, please i hope this works Watch

ali4life
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
just got my dreaded results and didnt do all that brilliant nor did i come close to my course requirements of AAB

anywayz this is what is currentli going on in my peanut sized brain (it feels much much smaller, i swear, and i wish it were!!)

basically i wanted to go City University to do Management BSc (4yr placement) and needed AAB - i ended up with BDE (i know im thick, please no need to reiterate that fact) my predicted were BBB (with a almost cert A in biz - instead i got a B) i tried to go throu clearing thinking on the off chance they may take me on my PS and tutor reference as well as pleading an extremely good case, however the lady goes we only want AAB's throu clearing. im pretti sure they wont fill up these spaces and will have quite a few empties come start of term, i was wondering would they still take me on???

another thing if i went to a lower ranked uni and then come 2nd year transferred to City, provided that i did my re-sits during 1st yr uni and improved on my grades, would they take me???

sorry to be a pain last theory, should i just take a gap year, work, resit my A2 exams, and maybe do a gap placement and then reapply????

any help would greatly be appreciated anything at all, especially if it can remove that look of despair and dissappointment on my parents face. i dont think i can bare it any longer. thankyou
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im pretti sure they wont fill up these spaces and will have quite a few empties come start of term, i was wondering would they still take me on???
No one knows. But it's not worth just sitting there hoping. Get yourself a place elsewhere.

another thing if i went to a lower ranked uni and then come 2nd year transferred to City, provided that i did my re-sits during 1st yr uni and improved on my grades, would they take me???
Possibly. But ask them, not us. We'd only be speculating.
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
reapplying would be the best option, although they are going to find out about your current grades and wont be too impressed, its a pretty tough bet! However, if you did well enough in your AS levels to get that offer you should at least have a shot so they wont laugh you out the room or anything. Further, if you could reapply once you have your resit grades (after january, whens the submission date for UCAS forms these days?) that would be best as you can apply with final marks, also you shouldn't go to uni and resit A2s, get a job if you take this route just something small to tide you over and really work to get the grades you need if its what you truly want, which I think it is judging by your post!

Good luck with however you choose to play it.
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have a look and see if there are other places you fancy in clearing, though resitting might not be a bad idea tbh.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree with Acaila about resitting... getting substantially better grades will serve most people like yourself well in the long term. Considered taking a year out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (83)
25.86%
No (238)
74.14%

Watched Threads