Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    law 1- 79/90

law 2- 80/90

law 3- 101/120

law 4- 70/90

law 5- 54/90

law 6- 11/120

Don't you see something wrong here? I don't know how I can possibly have achieved only 11 marks out of 120.. I'm sure I did pretty well in that module and I wrote everything I knew which was relevant to the question, so what has gone wrong? Don't you think there's a mistake if you look at all the other law modules that I've taken?

For my other subjects I got an A and a B so they're ok, but I'm going to pay £40 and get law 6 re-marked. There is something very wrong there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh same happened to me!! I got As in all my chemistry modules, except my coursework, where they gave me an E !

Definitely ask for a remark - my school have checked over mine and are almost certain its a mistake, so I'm getting mine remarked. Good luck with it, and congrats for the other great scores there!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks congrats to you too but it's soo annoying that they make a mistake and we have to pay for it not only in money but maybe also lose our university place! Thankfully mine accepted me but others may not be so lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly the same problem - only in psychology!

Psy 1 - 80/100 A
    Psy 2 - 83/100 A
    Psy 3 - 94/100 A
    Psy 4 - 77/90 A

Psy 5 - 38/120 U

Psy 6 - 86/90 A

So overall i got a B - i know that i did better than the U they gave me for Psy 5. In fact i thought i actually did well on that! Does anyone else think that is a bit strange - or is it me being big headed for thinking i could get an A overall? Damn AQA and their conning us into remarking!

ReputationRep:
    The same thing has happened to me in AQA psychology too.
    Mod 1-83/100 A
    Mod 2-75/100 B
    Mod 3 82/100 A
    MOd 4 68/90 B
    Mod 5 46/120 U
    Mod 6 79/90 A

i got a B overall but im sure i did not do that badly on that paper. I cant see how i can get a's and b's in other modules then get a U. How do you request a remark?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I have the same problem but in both of the subjects in this thread:

Law: A/B/A/A/A/D = my D was in the same module as yours best75 - did you do AQA? I thought I'd done everything ok too!

Psych: A/A/A/A/D/B = again, in the same module as znicz and Incomplete10!

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by best75)
    law 1- 79/90

law 2- 80/90

law 3- 101/120

law 4- 70/90

law 5- 54/90

law 6- 11/120

Don't you see something wrong here? I don't know how I can possibly have achieved only 11 marks out of 120.. I'm sure I did pretty well in that module and I wrote everything I knew which was relevant to the question, so what has gone wrong? Don't you think there's a mistake if you look at all the other law modules that I've taken?

For my other subjects I got an A and a B so they're ok, but I'm going to pay £40 and get law 6 re-marked. There is something very wrong there.

hi

was it ocr law?
    if it is then unit 6 had to be approached very differently.
    i know what you mean . you have higher grades in the other modules and that you aare capable of a higher mark.

what did others get in your class?
    maybe it was the teaching for that module.
    i had to do everything independently on that module.

how did you approach the exam?
    alot of evaluation and less facts were expected.

ReputationRep:
    I did the AQA law exam. The others in my class did pretty good, even those who got lower marks than me in the other modules got like A's and B's. Surely there's an error somewhere. Maybe it was meant to be 111 or 110?

ReputationRep:
    That 11/120 looks very dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    must be a misprint! get it checked out

ReputationRep:
    I have to pay £40 and get it re-marked, that's the only way but it's worth it because I'm not accepting a C for Law, especially when it's my main subject and I want to become a solicitor. To get it re-marked you can ask your college for a form or they might have it on the AQA website.. www.aqa.org.uk

ReputationRep:
    It could be one marker who was being funny. Last year in French (GCSE) my aural mark remarked up by 11/90 UMS points, a friends 22/90 UMS. Go for a remark, you only have £40 to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomplete10)
    I have exactly the same problem - only in psychology!

Psy 1 - 80/100 A
    Psy 2 - 83/100 A
    Psy 3 - 94/100 A
    Psy 4 - 77/90 A

Psy 5 - 38/120 U

Psy 6 - 86/90 A

So overall i got a B - i know that i did better than the U they gave me for Psy 5. In fact i thought i actually did well on that! Does anyone else think that is a bit strange - or is it me being big headed for thinking i could get an A overall? Damn AQA and their conning us into remarking!
    i have done good in the other 5 units except for psy 5 which i got 36/120 which cannot be right coz i thot i did well.that dus feel weird i wonder if theres others in the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znicz)
    The same thing has happened to me in AQA psychology too.
    Mod 1-83/100 A
    Mod 2-75/100 B
    Mod 3 82/100 A
    MOd 4 68/90 B
    Mod 5 46/120 U
    Mod 6 79/90 A
    Wow, that is quite freaky. The exact same thing has happened to me:

PYA1 72/100 B
    PYA2 97/100 A
    PYA3 86/100 A
    PYA4 86/90 A
    PYA5 53/120 E
    PYA6 79/90 A

4 A's, one B and anE! I really don't think I performed that badly. It's really annoyed me as I was 7 marks short of an A. I'm definitely sending it back to be remarked. If it's so common, I'm suprised the grade boundaries haven't been altered to reflect it. Either that, or all tutors are teaching us the wrong material! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the AQA Law papers. I was fairly confident with all papers but come out with A (Law 4) C (Law5) and B (Law6). For 6, I wrote a hell of alot and was confident of high marks. I ended up with 84/120! :confused: . Whilst I do question it slightly, I can't be bothered to chase law up as I still got my A overall. (luckily, I got three very high A's at AS).

Three people though with high marks in all psychology papers, besides paper 5. Something must be up with that?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha.. I'm noticing a trend too!

For aqa psych i got:

92 - A
    84 - A
    88 - A
    68 - B
    62 - D
    68 - B!

No one seemed to do v. well in module 5!!

(I was 18 off an A - so not bothering to remark!)

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH Biology (Edexcel) Unit 5?

I got an E in that paper tooooo! But i dont know why! i didnt think i did that bad in it.

ReputationRep:
    in hist i got 5 A's then an E
    missed an A by 2 marks......remarkinging it but bloody 40 quid
    damn examiners, i did not do that badly :0)

ReputationRep:
    If you really diagree, get a remark...

However, have you thought that you might have misinterpreted some questions? Thats the most likely cause of such a low mark on an essay paper.

ReputationRep:
    i gt 116/120 for law unit 6..soooo happy.. gt a very high A though in law..so im pleased

ReputationRep:
    Get a clerical check before a re-mark. It's free, and it makes sure the marks haven't been added up incorrectly or copied from one place to the other incorrectly.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.