Assassin's Creed vs Uncharted vs Elder Scrolls vs Bioshock Watch

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
4 amazing world class franchises in the VG universe.

Which is the best and why?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Elder Scrolls.

Assassin's Creed I find gets repetitive relatively quickly. I got bored of it and I never really thought it met its potential as a free running game. I'm not fond of the combat either. Horse bowling however is excellent.

Bioshock is quite clunky in terms of FPS games. It's never really sat well with me. I can't quite put my finger on exactly why, probably just a combination of very little things. I thought the mechanic of bringing in items through tears in the 3rd game was honestly awful.

I've not played enough Uncharted to make a case for it either way. What I played was OK, though it doesn't seem too different to the latest Tomb Raider, which whilst I really enjoyed that, wasn't better than Skyrim.

Skyrim is the only Elder Scrolls game I've played. Whilst I've had more experience with Bioshock and Assassin's Creed over their series, none of them kept me coming back like Skyrim did. I often found myself planning on doing Mission A in Skyrim then spending a few hours completely ignoring that and just following my nose instead. Yes, it was buggy as hell, but that just made it more endearing to me for the most part.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Armin.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
World of warcraft. :hand:
boxed treasures
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AC is awful, same thing every single time, i dont know how people can still play it.

bioshock never tried

uncharted never tried.

Ive played TES 3 very extensively, it is the best of the franchise. It is still going strong today, people are modding the TES3 universe into the Skyrim engine which is gr8. I'm not even joking, when you play TES3 it feels as though you've stepped into a different world and reading a novel at the same time.

Conclusion: TES.
Fango_Jett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Morrowind>Bioshock 1/2>Uncharted 2>Oblivion>Uncharted 1>Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood>AC1>Uncharted 3>>>>Other Assassin's creed games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Skyrim>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>Bioshock Infinite (which barely classifies as a game)
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally I would say... hmm.

Elder Scrolls > Uncharted =/= Bioshock > Assassins Creed
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No doubt, ES.

How can you even put AC on there? sometimes it gives CoD a run for it's money with regards to lack of innovation/change :/
Can't say I've every played UC, but have only really heard good things, the music is good too.
Bioshock, it's a decent set of games and is actually pretty damn good at being story driven, given how games are these days, but the game itself is fairly restrictive in what you can do; yes you can wander around and avoid the main story a fair bit, but there are no real side quests and only so much you can do besides the main line, which puts it a a disadvantage against AC and ES

ES, generally pretty good games (let's just pretend ESO never happened). Good, story driven quest lines and lost of them, lots of side quests and plenty of places to explore. Game gets boring or there is something you don't like (such as how easy it is)? Other people probably had the same thoughts and easy modding makes it even better.
I suppose it's an unfair list, Skyrim is a RPg, the others aren't, meaning it should have a **** ton more to do, much better characters and much better questing. Basing most of my thoughts on Skyrim (having never gotten into Oblivion or Morrowind anywhere near as much, and pretending ESO didn't happen) the graphics are pretty good for the time and improved by heavy modding, causing even the best hardware to dip below 60fps (lel).
Mushi_master
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Elder Scrolls for me.

Have played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, and each of them kept me going for vast amounts of time, mostly just doing whatever. The bugginess of these games, as well as the opportunity to spend ages picking someone's lock only to find a bunch of cutlery totally boost its charm.

Next for me is Bioshock, love every game in the series. True, it doesn't have the greatest FPS build in the world, but its whole world and the ideas it brings are stunning. Not to mention some great plots.

I enjoy Assassins Creed too, have played 1,2 and Black Flag (2>black flag>>1). Lots of fun, and some great places to explore. However, a new release no longer excites me (besides black flag, because PIRATES), and there's work to be done on the combat.

Have never played Uncharted so can't comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tom_green_day
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well Skyrim is the best of any of those individual games but Uncharted is the best franchise, so great. Then Elder Scrolls then Assassin's Creed then Bioshock (only played the first one but didn't like it)
economist2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
FIFA.
Pocketharp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haven't played Bioshock (although I do know the story line) but from what I heard Assassins Creed and The Elder Scrolls are both better. From my experience I would say they are just about on par. I have played a lot more Assassins Creed games than ES but I I think I have invested more time into Skyrim than any other game. Assassins Creed multiplay lets face it, is so great that I can't think of a multiplayer mode that can live up to it. As a single player game without multiplayer I must say that ES is the best in that situation Uncharted though felt kinda small compared to the rest but I must have played through 2 and 3 the fastest out of any games I have played except from Portal to (2 took me 2 days and 3 took me 3 days). It's fun but I wouldn't consider it better than Assassins Creed or The Elder Scrolls.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads