Klause96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My offer from uni is 320 Ucas points from a minimum of 2 a levels. I currently have done WBQ so thats 120 points. But my question is. If i get an A in my subject and an E from another subject that's 160 points. I also have another subject which I doubt i'll pass as an A2 so will I keep my As results previously as I had a C on it? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Klause96
Rep:
?
Will? Sorry. Typo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glesni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would help but I got a bit confused towards the end of your post. What exactly do you mean by will you keep your A previously if you had a C on it?
Klause96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glesni)
I would help but I got a bit confused towards the end of your post. What exactly do you mean by will you keep your A previously if you had a C on it?
Sorry I was in a rush when I made this post (explains the crappy spelling mistakes). I mean A-s level results because I had a C for Business studies at As level. Sorry for the confusion :/
Mlloyd8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AS and A2 are combined.. so although you got a C at AS level, if you take the modules for A2 and say you got e's then it would drag the C down overall.
Klause96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mlloyd8)
AS and A2 are combined.. so although you got a C at AS level, if you take the modules for A2 and say you got e's then it would drag the C down overall.
But would I be able to keep the As grade so I get the 40 points?
Mlloyd8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Klause96)
But would I be able to keep the As grade so I get the 40 points?
Provided that you do not do A2 yes and the uni allows AS grades as part of the offer!
Klause96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mlloyd8)
Provided that you do not do A2 yes and the uni allows AS grades as part of the offer!
Poop, I've got BS3 and BS4 within the next couple of weeks, if there anyway for me to cash in the points? Thanks for the help btw!
Rob da Mop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Poop, I've got BS3 and BS4 within the next couple of weeks, if there anyway for me to cash in the points? Thanks for the help btw!
If you got a C at AS then you only need to get 20% in your A2 in order to get an overall E which is still 40 points.
Mlloyd8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No idea if you can do that now since you have already been entered into the A2 ones but what the other person suggests seems like the best answer :confused:
Glesni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think now because you will be sitting your A level Buisness exams that it will be a full A level and not an As, but I could be wrong! good luck with them anyway! You might surprise yourself and do much better than you think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (660)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (839)
42.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.43%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads