The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

is anyone actually going to wolverhampton uni

is anyone actually going to wolves uni it seems a lil low on posts and threads, if anyone is going what are you studying.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mistyblue91
is anyone actually going to wolves uni it seems a lil low on posts and threads, if anyone is going what are you studying.:smile:

im going to be in my second year when i go back studying law! does seem rather quiet on here :smile: lol
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
lol yep i noticed i just got in to study law the llb honours, im a lil worried though considering this forum is so empty is it a good uni? and would you possibly know what the employment rates are like of people coming out with a degree in law in wolverhampton (as a solicitor or barrister).
Reply 3
I am going to Wolvo to study Sports Coaching!!
I have been to the uni of a couple of occasions and although its not Oxford but i am looking forward to it!!! Its Uni - no one expects 5* accomodation - the thing you need to remember is just to make the most of what you got!!!!

I agree its a lil disapointing to see the lack of response to this thread!!!
Are there any more open days before the start of term??
I think there is a clearing open day tomorrow - but is that open to all people - does any1 no??
Reply 4
ye its open to anyone im ganna go and have a final look round im glad we finally have a couple of people seems bare in here lol:rolleyes:
Reply 5
ive got an offer for pharmacy, but im having serious doubts whether to accept it after reading this section, and RISELEY05's threads, things are not looking good. I think i probably wont accept the offer and go to leicester to do another scientific degree instead.
Reply 6
im in two minds hence the reason im off to the open day today. i dont no whether to now take a gap year and reapply to other uni's next year as im not liking the reputation of wolved nor the success rate of getting a job once you finish the degree :confused: :confused:
Reply 7
alkaeda
ive got an offer for pharmacy, but im having serious doubts whether to accept it after reading this section, and RISELEY05's threads, things are not looking good. I think i probably wont accept the offer and go to leicester to do another scientific degree instead.

I think that it is a bit shallow to turn down a uni based on a few people's opinions. I loved every minute of my time at Wolverhampton. I graduated with a good honours degree and I am now doing an MA.

Wolverhampton is like anywhere else - it is what you make it. If you work hard you will come out with a good degree. If you don't work hard it is your own fault that you got a third or a 2:2.

If you are looking at the employment rates it is better to look at your own individual subject area. Like many Universities, Wolverhampton is good for some courses and not as good for other courses.

I have the name of a website at work, which shows the resuts of the national student survey. I'll post it sometime on Monday (when I get a spare 5 mins!). That will give you a more objective view of student opinion that these forums.

Remember, Wolverhampton has 23,000 students and only 10 of those seem to post on here. Don't take everything you read at face value.
Reply 8
thanks for that strings, hey i went to the open day and i loved it one of the tutors that will be teaching me from september was lovely she made time for me when the was a big que and told me all about success rates and also said similar to you strings its what you make it.well i sent back me acceptence letter and after spending a good day there and looking round although i couldnt see the law school due to construction work lol. i do totally agree now iv been listening to opinions of a mere percentage of students some of which post in this thread and dont even go to wolves uni, i would have no hesitation in reccomending it and i would say dont knock it until you have your own experience there.After 10 mins my mind was made up the warm friendly atmosphere and nice staff made it a great day :smile::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 9
why is this forum sooooo dead lol cmon theres gtta be some woles students somewhere around here lol am i the only one on these forums!!! from wolverhampton lol.
hello. i am going to the wolverhampton uni to study bsc hons in computing. i have been to the uni 2 times and i thought it was good modern uni. it had great ict faclities like the MI buliding. dont be mislead by ppl who put wolves uni down. it a great uni but if you cant be bothered to put the effort in then thats your fault not the uni. i recently got a welcome pacakge which had my inducation week timetable i must say the hours are a lot for the inducation week 10-5 most of the week. i am also a bit disppointed it was 18th sept could have been a bit later like 3rd oct. after the indication do we start the next week after or do we have a small break. also whats the hours per week and timetable like.
hellooo, at last some people have posted, i thought this forum had died lol
im going to study PR, anyone living in halls??? i am, ive heard the halls are really nice, woooooooot wolvo party lol
Reply 12
heya im going to study law but live in wednesfield which is 10 mins away so not much point moving , i really wish i was living in halls though i think they are really nice people who slate this uni are very wrong my uncle did a law degree there and now works for a top law firm in london and is on mega money :biggrin: and a couple of others i know have done degrees there and all come out with brilliant jobs. i just sooooooo wish i was living in halls lol :frown: :frown:
Reply 13
I personally thought wolverhampton was really nice and very helpful and it was my insurance choice, but don't go on other people's opinion as each to their own:smile:
Reply 14
hi im going to wolverhampton in september and will be studying quantity surveying, the place is nice and the staff there are excellent. i also heard the halls are nice. i have been there once and checked out the main buildings an all, but its a great uni and dont listen to what people say jus wat u make of it.
Hey all,

I'm going back to Wolves to do my MA Social Work. Will be based at Telford Campus, which unfortunatly is the only one of the campuses I've never been to before.

I did my BA at Wolves too 2000-2003. I agree with whats been said completely. A uni is only as good as the amount of effort you put in yourself. You really cant make your mind up from a few negative posts.

I found the teaching to be of a very high standard (I studied within the law school), facilities were very good (I LOVED the relaxed Costa Coffee Internet Cafe) and wolves has excellent student nightlife.

I'm sure you will have a great time.

Good Luck,

Missy xx
Reply 16
Hey all!!!

I am starting wolves in 3 weeks to study Special needs and inclusion studies and am dead nervous lol Sure itll be gr8 fun tho :rolleyes:
Reply 17
zoerocks
Hey all!!!

I am starting wolves in 3 weeks to study Special needs and inclusion studies and am dead nervous lol Sure itll be gr8 fun tho :rolleyes:

wat campus r u going to be based at?
Reply 18
ckkingpin
wat campus r u going to be based at?

I will be studying at walsall campus and will be in student village...YAY...found out couple of weeks ago!!
Reply 19
I'm going in September to do Law LLB, I'm excited/nervous!
I'll be living in Lomas Street accomm, anyone else there?

Quick Reply

Latest