AQA GCSE Psychology

Watch this thread
maestrocam
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Nobody had started a post on this and I wondered how everyone find Unit 1. I actually found it really easy!!
jemilicious98
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I used wayyy too much extra paper

The study into ingroups and outgroups, I used Tajfel but I would have loved to use the Robbers Cave study by Sheriff but I wasnt sure if it was intergroup conflict or ingroups and outgroups.

I wasnt even sure what ingroups and outgroups meant so I winged that question...

The paralinguistics one... there was barely anything to talk about in the extract but I talked about how tone was a type of paralinguistics.

AND OMMMMDS.. never in my gcse psychology life did I ever see a question where you had to write your own case study.. I was effed tbh... I ended up using and adapting fisher and byrnes case study into gender and making it my own.

I had no idea qhat to write for the definition of eye contact. ? I wrote about how its a form of non verbal communication and its two eyes meeting eachother I didnt know text book defenition, and im the kind of girl everyone moans about because im the walking class dictionary.

TBH that exam was bs, there was way too much writing in comparison to other years and it seemed that everything I prayed not to come up did... There wasnt enough tick questions, I was hoping to use them.

And WTF was that last question please? I said so much bs about how condition b had faster reaction times, and the larger range meant one of the figures was closer to the true value loool...

Overall, the exam was fine I guess, I still managed to finish with 20minutes to spear and I think I got an A, if the examiner can read my writing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ryssefrank
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I just made a study about familiarity with other people may affect personal space. It was really annoying because I knew 98% of the answers and it took so long to write ! -___- I hope I did really well as well but I just have to pray for Unit 2
chocaholic07
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys,

I done the gcse pychology unit one too! Everybody in my class was so shocked when they saw the 6 mark question on the research methods section!

I wrote about how a function of the eye contact was to keep the flow of conversation.. hope that is right.

AQA will have to lower the grade boundaries if the paper was too hard anyway. And btw did you notice that there was hardly multiple choice questions!

Good luck for tomorrow guys!
JadeCallosal
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know the evaluation of the Psychodynamic and Social Learning explanation of aggression?

Is a weakness that Freud's ideas were unfasifiable meaning that it cannot be proved right or wrong?

Also, what is the gender schema theory of the development of gender?

I found the paper alrightish. I think i could have done better, to be honest. The question on your own study and the conclusions question threw me a little. I think i got around a B. I hope AQA will lower the grade boundaries!

Good luck on the exam tomorrow everyone!
JadeCallosal
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree with you! Not, enough tick box questions. Everyone said that it was so eeasy, but I don't think it was THAT easy!

Also, I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the conclusions question! That question really threw me off to be honest.

How did you find todays paper? The only question I didn't like was why was the median misleading? I had no idea so I just made it up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (93)
41.7%
They're exactly what I expected (54)
24.22%