The Student Room Group

Your Summer Holiday!!

Since we're coming up to the summer holidays, just wondering where people are going on holiday:

Why?
Would they recommend?

Meself & Mum is staying in a villa in Mucia, Costa Blanca SPAIN, nice two weeks before starting Uni. first time at this place, but would recommend the area of Costa Blanca - PLUS Terra Mitica (one of the biggest theme parks - like alton towers! WAHEY CANT WAIT!!!

So where's everyone else going? (Or would like to go!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Specialheffa
Since we're coming up to the summer holidays, just wondering where people are going on holiday:

Why?
Would they recommend?

Meself & Mum is staying in a villa in Mucia, Costa Blanca SPAIN, nice two weeks before starting Uni. first time at this place, but would recommend the area of Costa Blanca - PLUS Terra Mitica (one of the biggest theme parks - like alton towers! WAHEY CANT WAIT!!!

Australia - 1month.
Greece - 2 weeks (right after my exams with my best friends :smile: )
California - 3 weeks (I wish I didn't have to go but we have a house there and I have been going there every summer of my life).
Reply 3
Specialheffa

Why?
Would they recommend?

Going to Argentina and Chile for three weeks with a load of mates- will be a right laugh!! Have fun in Spain... nice little incentive after you A2s :biggrin:
Reply 4
I'm doing two things, going to study the culture and artechture of Barcelona, then heading off to a spanish resort a few days later to expereince the typicaly british 3 S's.
Reply 5
I'll be at home, can't afford a holiday.
Reply 6
amazingtrade
I'm doing two things, going to study the culture and artechture of Barcelona, then heading off to a spanish resort a few days later to expereince the typicaly british 3 S's.

4 S's Ian :tongue:
Ashbourne near Derby 1 week at the end of August

(hubby is going to go hanggliding - I'm going to do nothing :biggrin:)
Reply 8
Specialheffa

Why?
Would they recommend?

Going to go to america hopefully. Doing BUNAC for the summer as a camp councellor. Don't know if it'd be counted as a holiday but hopefully it should be fun.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday

V :smile:
Reply 9
come on people, you've got to travel England a bit as well!

I'm going to Nottingham, London, Devon, Dorset and Sussex. maybe even Cornwall at a pinch.
Reply 10
I'm doing a work placement a Smash Hits :biggrin:

and other stuff
I'm probably going to Southern Cyprus just outside Limmasol in the foothills for my holidays. It will be secluded and cut off hopefully, I can't hack the clubs etc, it embarrasses me when I see Brits on holiday. I'll probably be going with parents and stay with friends.

If I don't I will probably work all holidays but probably go to either Reading or France for a bit. I'll probably go with my friends, except none of them would even consider Reading. Wusses.
4Ed
come on people, you've got to travel England a bit as well!

I'm going to Nottingham, London, Devon, Dorset and Sussex. maybe even Cornwall at a pinch.

I'd love to visit Pilton towards the end of June - however it's all dependant on getting a certain ticket...

On the other hand I'm also hoping to go on a few day trips to Cambridge (I've never been), Brighton, Bristol, Bath and possibly Oxford...it's so easy to ignore places that aren't that far away.

I'll probably find a weekend or two to pop up to Birmingham (godmother-ing), Derby (in-law family), Surrey and Liverpool (my family)
me!
I'm doing a work placement a Smash Hits :biggrin:

and other stuff

Oh and I have a stint at the BBC Newsroom for a month. How in the hell did I forget about that :eek:

Say Hi to Kate Thornton for me!
Reply 14
Danithestudent
Oh and I have a stint at the BBC Newsroom for a month. How in the hell did I forget about that :eek:

Say Hi to Kate Thornton for me!

:confused: cool how come??
Say hi to Fiona Bruce for me lol she is fine!
Dil
:confused: cool how come??
Say hi to Fiona Bruce for me lol she is fine!

Cuz I am a pain in the arse and I know people. And sure, that's if I get to meet her!
Reply 16
Danithestudent
Cuz I am a pain in the arse and I know people. And sure, that's if I get to meet her!

Aah i see...lucky you. i wish i had contacts :frown:
Reply 17
Pencil Queen
I'd love to visit Pilton towards the end of June - however it's all dependant on getting a certain ticket...

On the other hand I'm also hoping to go on a few day trips to Cambridge (I've never been), Brighton, Bristol, Bath and possibly Oxford...it's so easy to ignore places that aren't that far away.

I'll probably find a weekend or two to pop up to Birmingham (godmother-ing), Derby (in-law family), Surrey and Liverpool (my family)

wow you're a godmother! that's cool :biggrin: so anything that you've done of note?

and how much would you pay for that 'ticket'... just wondering what extremees people would go to just to get to Glastonbury. oo i'm going to nr brighton and oxford as well.
Reply 18
corey
4 S's Ian :tongue:

4? erm sand, sea, sex, slags? argh sun!
Dil
Aah i see...lucky you. i wish i had contacts :frown:
Wishing won't do anything, you have to send CV's and cover letters to EVERYBODY and ANYBODY. I only think i got my place at the BBC because I know the BBC Radio Light Entertainment's officer, Jon Simpson, Matthew Amaralliwalla...etc.etc.etc

Like I only got my work experience at News Internation because my mum's friend that she bumped into at an RAF luncheon thing's daughter was the head of Revolver.com in News International.

etc etc

You gotta go and make the contacts yourself!

Latest

Trending

Trending