This discussion is closed.
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Since we're coming up to the summer holidays, just wondering where people are going on holiday:

Why?
Would they recommend?

Meself & Mum is staying in a villa in Mucia, Costa Blanca SPAIN, nice two weeks before starting Uni. first time at this place, but would recommend the area of Costa Blanca - PLUS Terra Mitica (one of the biggest theme parks - like alton towers! WAHEY CANT WAIT!!!

So where's everyone else going? (Or would like to go!)
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
Since we're coming up to the summer holidays, just wondering where people are going on holiday:

Why?
Would they recommend?

Meself & Mum is staying in a villa in Mucia, Costa Blanca SPAIN, nice two weeks before starting Uni. first time at this place, but would recommend the area of Costa Blanca - PLUS Terra Mitica (one of the biggest theme parks - like alton towers! WAHEY CANT WAIT!!!

Australia - 1month.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Greece - 2 weeks (right after my exams with my best friends )
California - 3 weeks (I wish I didn't have to go but we have a house there and I have been going there every summer of my life).
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Why?
Would they recommend?

Going to Argentina and Chile for three weeks with a load of mates- will be a right laugh!! Have fun in Spain... nice little incentive after you A2s
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing two things, going to study the culture and artechture of Barcelona, then heading off to a spanish resort a few days later to expereince the typicaly british 3 S's.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'll be at home, can't afford a holiday.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I'm doing two things, going to study the culture and artechture of Barcelona, then heading off to a spanish resort a few days later to expereince the typicaly british 3 S's.
4 S's Ian
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ashbourne near Derby 1 week at the end of August

(hubby is going to go hanggliding - I'm going to do nothing )
villarde
Report 16 years ago

Why?
Would they recommend?

Going to go to america hopefully. Doing BUNAC for the summer as a camp councellor. Don't know if it'd be counted as a holiday but hopefully it should be fun.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday

V
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
come on people, you've got to travel England a bit as well!

I'm going to Nottingham, London, Devon, Dorset and Sussex. maybe even Cornwall at a pinch.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing a work placement a Smash Hits

and other stuff
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm probably going to Southern Cyprus just outside Limmasol in the foothills for my holidays. It will be secluded and cut off hopefully, I can't hack the clubs etc, it embarrasses me when I see Brits on holiday. I'll probably be going with parents and stay with friends.

If I don't I will probably work all holidays but probably go to either Reading or France for a bit. I'll probably go with my friends, except none of them would even consider Reading. Wusses.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
come on people, you've got to travel England a bit as well!

I'm going to Nottingham, London, Devon, Dorset and Sussex. maybe even Cornwall at a pinch.
I'd love to visit Pilton towards the end of June - however it's all dependant on getting a certain ticket...

On the other hand I'm also hoping to go on a few day trips to Cambridge (I've never been), Brighton, Bristol, Bath and possibly Oxford...it's so easy to ignore places that aren't that far away.

I'll probably find a weekend or two to pop up to Birmingham (godmother-ing), Derby (in-law family), Surrey and Liverpool (my family)
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I'm doing a work placement a Smash Hits

and other stuff
Oh and I have a stint at the BBC Newsroom for a month. How in the hell did I forget about that :eek:

Say Hi to Kate Thornton for me!
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Oh and I have a stint at the BBC Newsroom for a month. How in the hell did I forget about that :eek:

Say Hi to Kate Thornton for me!
:confused: cool how come??
Say hi to Fiona Bruce for me lol she is fine!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
:confused: cool how come??
Say hi to Fiona Bruce for me lol she is fine!
Cuz I am a pain in the arse and I know people. And sure, that's if I get to meet her!
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Cuz I am a pain in the arse and I know people. And sure, that's if I get to meet her!
Aah i see...lucky you. i wish i had contacts
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I'd love to visit Pilton towards the end of June - however it's all dependant on getting a certain ticket...

On the other hand I'm also hoping to go on a few day trips to Cambridge (I've never been), Brighton, Bristol, Bath and possibly Oxford...it's so easy to ignore places that aren't that far away.

I'll probably find a weekend or two to pop up to Birmingham (godmother-ing), Derby (in-law family), Surrey and Liverpool (my family)
wow you're a godmother! that's cool so anything that you've done of note?

and how much would you pay for that 'ticket'... just wondering what extremees people would go to just to get to Glastonbury. oo i'm going to nr brighton and oxford as well.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
4 S's Ian
4? erm sand, sea, sex, ****s? argh sun!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Aah i see...lucky you. i wish i had contacts
Wishing won't do anything, you have to send CV's and cover letters to EVERYBODY and ANYBODY. I only think i got my place at the BBC because I know the BBC Radio Light Entertainment's officer, Jon Simpson, Matthew Amaralliwalla...etc.etc.etc

Like I only got my work experience at News Internation because my mum's friend that she bumped into at an RAF luncheon thing's daughter was the head of Revolver.com in News International.

etc etc

You gotta go and make the contacts yourself!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.48%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.5%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.7%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.7%

Watched Threads