Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Well we have £3000, 4 months of holiday and want to do something perhaps a little but more adventurous....

p.s. We can't drive.
    Who said anything about driving?

ReputationRep:
    Well we have £3000, 4 months of holiday and want to do something perhaps a little but more adventurous....

p.s. We can't drive.
    interrailing. 1 month. anywhere in europe for about £200 train ticket. go as far as you like/can or stay in a few places for the whole month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Who said anything about driving?
    not good with lots of alcohol....

ReputationRep:

p.s. We can't drive.
    go mountain climbing in wales.... or cycling across britain.

ReputationRep:
    or you could fly yourself out to europe, and see how little money you can spend getting back in teh shortest time.
    a race, so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    interrailing. 1 month. anywhere in europe for about £200 train ticket. go as far as you like/can or stay in a few places for the whole month
    bf was really up for that (apparently Eastern europe is particularly cheap) but I spoke to my Bulgarian friend as she suggested not going unless you spoke the language.

ReputationRep:
    bf was really up for that (apparently Eastern europe is particularly cheap) but I spoke to my Bulgarian friend as she suggested not going unless you spoke the language.
    you can go whereever then, spend a few days in paris then down to italy, venice etc...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    wow you're a godmother! that's cool so anything that you've done of note?

and how much would you pay for that 'ticket'... just wondering what extremees people would go to just to get to Glastonbury. oo i'm going to nr brighton and oxford as well.
    I'm an unofficial godmother (until the christening in July)

And I'd pay anything up to £200 for that ticket - but I wouldn't want a penny of it to go the theiving scummy touts so it's a case of pestering the people on the phonelines for one of the returned/duplicate tickets waiting to see if the greenpeace volunteering comes through and if all else fails going to WOMAD, Beautiful days and Strawberry Sundea instead and the glade festival and WOMADs one nighter at the eden project and the cambridge one day thingy etc etc etc. Although our trip to Derbyshire is going to clash with notting hill so I won't be able to make that this year

ReputationRep:
    Italy in july with my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    As am I, in July. Where in particular? I shall be in Sydney mainly.
    *snigger* my dad is called Sydney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I'm an unofficial godmother (until the christening in July)

And I'd pay anything up to £200 for that ticket - but I wouldn't want a penny of it to go the theiving scummy touts so it's a case of pestering the people on the phonelines for one of the returned/duplicate tickets waiting to see if the greenpeace volunteering comes through and if all else fails going to WOMAD, Beautiful days and Strawberry Sundea instead and the glade festival and WOMADs one nighter at the eden project and the cambridge one day thingy etc etc etc. Although our trip to Derbyshire is going to clash with notting hill so I won't be able to make that this year
    yeah i'd hate to buy from some tout who deprived someone else of getting it... what about the Reading fest then? i hear that's good, a friend of mine went last year.

i want to head up to some cricket festivals, eg cheltenham, i've never really been before, and it should be a laugh. maybe even one of those 20-20 games as well.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah i'd hate to buy from some tout who deprived someone else of getting it... what about the Reading fest then? i hear that's good, a friend of mine went last year.

i want to head up to some cricket festivals, eg cheltenham, i've never really been before, and it should be a laugh. maybe even one of those 20-20 games as well.
    Reading really isn't my thing

But I'd forgotten about those 20-20 games....might try to drag my dad along to one of them if the timing works out on the rosebowl

ReputationRep:
    Rah, everyone seems to be going on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to Athens for 2 nights for the Olympics. Bl**dy ripoff, the prices at that time....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Since we're coming up to the summer holidays, just wondering where people are going on holiday
    Short (free) trip with school.

Then straight afterwards, backpacking for a month around Europe.

Then, New York for a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    China with my mummy for 3 weeks in september just before i go off to uni! anyone been before? ive been to japan and thailand but not china!

ReputationRep:
    yay summer!!!!! going to germany and france straight after exams for two weeks with friends, then straight after that i'll meet up with my family for the second week of their holiday in wales!!!! then whitby for the week before results day with some other friends soo excited!!!!! despite the fact that most of the europe group probably wont even drink!!!! but i will!!!!! and i intend to put my french A-level to good use!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the International Youth Theatre Festival in Nebraska for a couple of weeks on the Scottish team.
    Then my friends want to youth hostel to Glasgow to go see Bill Bailey (and hopefully go and see my bf at the same time)
    At the start of August I'm going to an acting summer school. Hopefully I'll go to some of the Edinburgh Festival after that since we do the Festival Cavalcade as part of summer school and quite a few people stay around Edinburgh for a few days afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    im going to zante (greece) for 2 weeks with 11 of my mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im july staright after the A2s OHHHHH YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Tibet!Anyone?
    but first of all I'll go back to see my family!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.