Need help on WJEC Media Studies GCSE Watch

Jamie Diep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to answer the questions in the WJEC Media Studies GCSE exam.
I specifically want to know how to answer a 4 mark question, 6 mark question and 10 mark question for sections A and B.
samiyamalik
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Question 4 (section A) is usually about how a certain theme or character is presented e.g women
Here you have to answer by DESCRIBING 2 WAYS e.g using certain conventions, camera shots etc
you have to be descriptive and use media terminology effectively and if possible add audience in there

The 6 marker would be linked to the 4 marker but here you will have to answer that WHY they have been represented this way. So basically in terms of either to please the audience attract them or something else. Again be DETAILED and use theories and other media language effectively.

The 10 marks ones (there are two of these in section A) are about a question linked with a case study. In the first 10 mark one it is about comparing representation of something. so to do well you need to be able to recall your case study well and again (and always) BE DETAILED and add media language. You have to mention things like narrative,setting,themes,charact ers,generic codes and audience theories e.g Uses and gratifications.

The second 10 marker is about a way certain media would be promoted/marketed etc. So like why and how tv crime dramas appeal to an audience. For this the points are as above about how settings,characters,conventions, themes and iconography are used to achieve this!

Hope this helps,
Ask if any questions
Jamie Diep
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by samiyamalik)
Question 4 (section A) is usually about how a certain theme or character is presented e.g women
Here you have to answer by DESCRIBING 2 WAYS e.g using certain conventions, camera shots etc
you have to be descriptive and use media terminology effectively and if possible add audience in there

The 6 marker would be linked to the 4 marker but here you will have to answer that WHY they have been represented this way. So basically in terms of either to please the audience attract them or something else. Again be DETAILED and use theories and other media language effectively.

The 10 marks ones (there are two of these in section A) are about a question linked with a case study. In the first 10 mark one it is about comparing representation of something. so to do well you need to be able to recall your case study well and again (and always) BE DETAILED and add media language. You have to mention things like narrative,setting,themes,charact ers,generic codes and audience theories e.g Uses and gratifications.

The second 10 marker is about a way certain media would be promoted/marketed etc. So like why and how tv crime dramas appeal to an audience. For this the points are as above about how settings,characters,conventions, themes and iconography are used to achieve this!

Hope this helps,
Ask if any questions
Okay thanks!
Surprised that someone actually replied to one of my threads for the first time ever!
(I'm a loner...)
samiyamalik
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HAHA, i was actually looking for a media studies one, and came across this one with no replies, so i thought i could help!
I'm a loner too,LOL, join the club!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (115)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (113)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.85%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (196)
30.02%

Watched Threads