Edexcel Mathematics GCSE 9th and 13th June 2014 Watch

Craig1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
OK. New thread cause I forgot to put maths in old one
Hows everyone feeling about it?
I don't like this function stuff, when you have y = f (x + 2) etc. I'm worried I'll drop marks on those. There was a cylinder question from a mock I saw which looked stupidly difficult (to do with volume etc.).

I think I'll do best at simultaneous equations, vectors, questionnaires, loci etc.
Khanager
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that Transformations? I have never seen that ever come up in the real exam so I'm willing to leave that and concentrate on something they ask every year. I doubt it will even come up in the exam if It does then I guess the exam will be an awful lot easy
Craig1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Khanager)
Is that Transformations? I have never seen that ever come up in the real exam so I'm willing to leave that and concentrate on something they ask every year. I doubt it will even come up in the exam if It does then I guess the exam will be an awful lot easy
No. Transformations are where a shape is rotated, translated etc. and you use tracing paper.

Just warning, don't concentrate JUST on something that has come up in past exams. Revise everything. You could assume that as a subject has come up on the past ones, it won't come up from being overused. However, you could also assume the opposite.

Just revise everything, you might've seen what happened in English Literature with Mr. Bruff, he suggested what to revise, people followed and what he said didn't come up.
Khanager
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Craig1998)
No. Transformations are where a shape is rotated, translated etc. and you use tracing paper.

Just warning, don't concentrate JUST on something that has come up in past exams. Revise everything. You could assume that as a subject has come up on the past ones, it won't come up from being overused. However, you could also assume the opposite.

Just revise everything, you might've seen what happened in English Literature with Mr. Bruff, he suggested what to revise, people followed and what he said didn't come up.
Erm, I know what you mean. The enlargements, rotations, reflections and translations are transformations. But in the edexcel revision guide I recall the fact there is a separate topic involving functions which is called 'Transformations 1 &2'. This to me is a complete new topic. And I am revising everything, its just 1 or 2 topics which I cant get a hang on therefore I am mastering the rest of the topics to cover up for potential marks lost If any questions come up from the topic I missed. but I wont really bother if a topic is an A* one which only awards 2 marks? That's a waste of time :L
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (82)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (141)
16.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (119)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.48%
How can I be the best version of myself? (257)
30.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed