The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Do normal uni's accept open uni degrees

I'm lookin at studying aerospace engineering whilst I'm in the RAF with the intention of studying for a phd when I retire from the Air Force!

Just wondering if anyone knows if normal uni's accept open uni degrees for their entry requirements for their postgrad degrees.

Tar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Absolutely, in fact there are quite a few academics with OU degrees. I can give you an example for the aerospace field in fact, Dr. Hugh Hill at the International Space University.
Original post by jebbadiah
I'm lookin at studying aerospace engineering whilst I'm in the RAF with the intention of studying for a phd when I retire from the Air Force!

Just wondering if anyone knows if normal uni's accept open uni degrees for their entry requirements for their postgrad degrees.

Tar

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know half a dozen ex-OU students who have gone on to post graduate study at other Universities on the back of their OU degree.
Reply 4
Result! Cheers. Been in touch with Manchester uni and they said there is nothin in their policy that means they don't accept OU degrees, but it would depend on what modules I took in my OU degree. So I'd just have to be careful on what I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jebbadiah
Result! Cheers. Been in touch with Manchester uni and they said there is nothin in their policy that means they don't accept OU degrees, but it would depend on what modules I took in my OU degree. So I'd just have to be careful on what I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that isn't because the OU is some lower form of life; it is just that if you read physics at Imperial, no-one will let you do a module in Byzantine Art. If you study with the OU, you can but it won't help you on a theoretical physics masters
Reply 6
I'm not sayin it is lower! Just saying I'd have to pick my modules so it fit more with aerospace engineering rather than chemical engineering or one of the other engineering disciplines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest