ultraunkown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I have to choose between hertfordshire, oxford brookes and royal holloway uni in a few days for a maths and philosophy course. I've been to see herts and holloway but it's difficult to get an idea of what the people at the uni are like just from being there for a day.

Anyone have any information on the unis. What are the people like? Are there big creative/indie scenes? Are they very essex-ey? Am I likely to meet like-minded people? Are the types of people very diverse making this is a stupid question?

Any advice would be appreciated!
absurdity69
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My two pence's:

So I have to choose between hertfordshire, oxford brookes and royal holloway uni.

Hertfordshire - comfortable but massive partying university. Oxford Brookes - They dont study there, they just party and chill. Royal Holloway - campus based, not as wild, some parties, good if you want a balance. Rankings-wise Royal Holloway dominates. It depends on what you're looking to get out of University.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (225)
43.35%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (109)
21%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.37%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.39%

Watched Threads