The Student Room Group

Aqa phed 1 as pe 6-6-14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Booom123
The whole AS is out of 200ums so you need 160ums for A, 140ums for a B and 120 for C.

The practical is out of 80 ums and the exam is out of 120 ums

So if you got 100/100 in practical you have 80 ums in your pocket. So for you to get an A you just need 60 ums in exam which i think is a D in the exam

So if i got 82 (can't remember what exactly i got) / 100 how much will i need in the exam to get an A
If you have 82/100 you get 65 ums, so to get an A you need 95 ums in the paper
How does everyone think the did tho? As a year 13 student it's my second time doing this unit I think this test was pretty good with a few tricky questions and different layout to it. I heard the grade boundaries may go down due to no jan exams ? What you think ?
Reply 123
Hey, i didnt think the exam was terrible.. i hated question 7 so think ive done rubbish on that!!
For the Dehydration question i wrote that it will cause the heart rate to rise due to less stroke volume and this will cause them to become tired quicker!
i got 2nd class lever! wooo
i thought the opportunity for participation bit was GREAT!
There was a couple of questions i didnt like but its not too bad!
Original post by Jjordan1
How does everyone think the did tho? As a year 13 student it's my second time doing this unit I think this test was pretty good with a few tricky questions and different layout to it. I heard the grade boundaries may go down due to no jan exams ? What you think ?

Im year 13 as well. I though it was pretty easy all the 4 markers were simple. Only a couple of the 1/2 markers i slipped up on like what is a cognative skill. The grade boundries should go down because we all have to learn a lot more to sit exams all at the same time, but i dont think the boundries can go much lower, an A a lot of the time is only like 60%, if it goes lower that is just wrong haha
Tbh i don't know i slipped up on 1-2 markers and not sure what the mark scheme will say about questions such as the characteristics of play which you can bring to PE e.t.c for me skill aquasition was the best part for me
Original post by iceblade626
Tbh i don't know i slipped up on 1-2 markers and not sure what the mark scheme will say about questions such as the characteristics of play which you can bring to PE e.t.c for me skill aquasition was the best part for me

for the play one i put fun, group work, social interaction, develop coomunication + team work and couple others.
Original post by 95sp12
Mike Murray wrote the text book too, well the one we use anyway! basically for calculating intensistys thats the karvneon method and borg scale...
Section B is really important if you want a high grade...
yeah best way to revise tonight is to just use mark schemes... For the analysis of movement question we think it will be a throwing one more than likely javilin... Schimt should come up... play recreation, rational recreation, sport england... ethnic minority also! Thats all i can remember right now!

I will tell you all the list of things we were told should come up tonight when i get home as i have them there.. i got 39/50 and 40/50 so its a good start for the exam! what are you all struggling on?

I give you a carrot rudolph
Original post by Christie Harding
closed loop;
basically,
a movement is initiated by a MEMORY TRACE (MT) which chooses the initial MOTOR PROGRAMME [which is stored in the LTM ]
Once the movement has started, the PERCEPTUAL TRACE (PT) uses FEEDBACK to refine the movement and eliminate errors.
the PT compares to the MT of the movement and says if what we are doing is right or wrong.
if the PT says we're doing it wrong, then we change it =closed loop control.

this is associated with movements such as riding a bike, running, swimming etc.

the open loop control is also known as INSIGHT LEARNING.
This is where the learner suddenly gets an insight into a task and experiences a dramatic change in performance. also known as 'GETTING THE KNACK' or 'A EUREKA MOMENT'
[ the easiest way to remember this is the example of riding a bike. you struggle for a but then suddenly it 'clicks' and you get it ]

open loop control doesnt use feedback. once a movement has started it cant be altered such as a golf swing.
learners need to understand and experience the skill before it can be performed correctly.
insight learning occurs when the learner is able to combine internal and external factors.

this is what i have on my revision cards. i hope it helps :smile:

I give you a carrot Dasher, chomp

Quick Reply

Latest