The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation

Well done to those of you who got their results today and have got a place at Leeds.

I know you're all anxious about your accommodation now so I thought I'd post this to save you wearing out your keyboard checking the tracking system!

In the accommodation office, we only got your results today as well and there is quite a lot of preparatory work we need to do before we actually book you into your allocated room. We are working all weekend and will start the actual booking in process from Monday. So all next week, we will concentrating on getting you all allocated - at which stage you will receive an email telling you where we have offered you and how much it is. And it's only at that stage that the tracking thingy changes so, to be honest, you may as well just wait for the email.

Because there are about 4000 of you :eek: , it does take a while so please don't panic if other people start to hear before you do - it doesn't mean that you have or haven't got the place you put as your preference, it just means that we can't allocate everyone simultaneously.

So - go out and have a really good celebratory weekend - you'll start hearing about your accommodation after Monday.
Reply 1
:confused: Just a quick query to the accom office.I have been given a place at Henry Price for Sept 06 and was just a bit concerned because there hasn't been any talk of Henry Price on the forums.Are the applications for HP down this year?Please tell me i'm not gonna get stuck living with 7 international students!!(Thats nothing against international students but you know what I mean).I know there is ongoing refurbishment so maybe that has been a factor.I know it seems like a really stupid post but I would just like some reassurance! thanks.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
@ accomoffice

are we supposed to receive any confirmation after we've sent back the contract with the deposit? just a bit anxious that I sent off a cheque for 200 quid, a month ago and haven't heard anything about it since...
Reply 3
Joe_90
:.Are the applications for HP down this year?

Sadly, no. I say sadly, because we only have half the number of places available at the start of this year (175) but just as many people want to live there. So I'm afraid some people will be disappointed.
Reply 4
lingo

are we supposed to receive any confirmation after we've sent back the contract with the deposit?

If you sent us both copies of the contract back, we will send you one of them signed by us. If you didn't, then no, you don't get a receipt, I'm afraid. If you're worried we may not have received your deposit, give us a ring 08701 200189 - we're there tomorrow (Sunday) between 10 and 5 (as well as weekdays between 8 and 8)
Reply 5
accomoffice
Sadly, no. I say sadly, because we only have half the number of places available at the start of this year (175) but just as many people want to live there. So I'm afraid some people will be disappointed.

Oh darn. I applied for there. (I think anyway...)
Reply 6
So does this mean that Henry Price will be half empty all year or will there be people moving in when the rest of the refurb is done? Thanks for the reply accom office! Think its really cool that you are on the student room offering help and advice!
Reply 7
I have a question about Henry Price. On the individual pages it says it has internet access, but in the FAQ it isn't listed as one of the accommodations with the internet. Does it still have it this year or not because of the refurbishment?
Reply 8
There may be some second semester students moving in in January but not sure yet. They would be either American or European exchange students here in Leeds for a semester, nursing students who start in January or people doing a language course.
Yes, there is internet in Henry Price this year. Guess that means we haven't updated the FAQs.......... :redface:. Sorry!
what date is most ppl moving in on? i dunno when i can move into lupton. I'm from england btw. plz help xxx
Reply 10
16th of September (the Saturday) - someone I know who started at Leeds last year went on the sunday and all his flatmates had arrived the day before. I'd rather be one of the first there than the last.
I think most people can go from the 16th.
Reply 11
Just been allocated Lyddon Annexe 2 - slightly concerned about it being an Annexe...does this mean im away from the actual building and how many students are in the annexe?

Ria
Reply 12
My email account was deactivated so I didn't recieve the email, but looked on track and have been allocated somewhere. Will I recieve stuff through the post saying how much it is etc? x
Reply 13
x_ejh_x
My email account was deactivated so I didn't recieve the email, but looked on track and have been allocated somewhere. Will I recieve stuff through the post saying how much it is etc? x

Yep. You get all the info and a contract you need to send back.

I got mine today. I'm in Sentinel Towers :biggrin:
Reply 14
Is it possible to have a 31 week contract in Charles Morris?

Latest