access course info Watch

bijoux
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hi everyone, hope you are all well! im currently thinking about taking an access course to get into teacher training. ive been out of school for two years and working in a bank....now 20 years old. im at a complete loss just now as i never listened when i was doing my A-levels, just sat with my fingers in my ears saying 'la la la...im not going to uni ever!'

so heres where i need your help....where i live is near the border between england and scotland, if i do my access course in edinburgh can i go to an english uni?

also some told me to apply to www.gttr.ac.uk? but im not a graduate so why should i?

any info would be grateful. ta. x
Yoxen
Report 12 years ago
Hi, and well done on grabbing the bull by the horns ( so to speak) on a change of career

Firstly, I would ring the uni`s that you are interested in applying to and find out what they except as entry requirements ( I dont know personally if an acess course will be judged differently in England and Scotland- though I doubt it ). You could also approach your local college for guidance advice such as evening courses ( if you want to work and study at the same time) etc...

I have to say, I really enjoyed my time at college and made some fab friends on the way. I have found that my self-esteem has grown immensely in the past year and I cannot believe that I will be going to uni in September:eek:

Good luck xx
bijoux
thanks!
finding it really confussing just now but sure il get there. ive contacted the 2 places im interested in and they are sending stuff out to me. hope im not too late to join the course!

x
bijoux
oh by the way your cat is so cute!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads