The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The Coppice : wifi ?

Hello,

I am a French student and next year, I will be studying at the School of English in Birmingham City University.

I have submitted and application for The Coppice for next year.

I was wondering if there was a wifi connection in The Coppice, or if it was just an Ethernet connection.

Thank you in advance for your answers :smile:
Reply 1
On the website it states you get a 'basic free internet connection'. This doesn't exactly give much information but from that there is some sort of WIFI connection available.

I am also hoping to get Coppice accomodation and am studying Accounting and Finance starting this September so I will see you!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes I saw that on the website. And that can't be more vague ^^

I don't understand what a "basic free internet connection" is...

What do you mean by "from that there is some sort of WIFI connection available" ? 'Cause I don't see any of that in what's indicated on the website.

What we can be sure of is that we will have an internet connection. At least, that's something. For my computer, I don't really care if it is a WIFI or a connection with an Ethernet cable. But for my phone, I would really like to know if there's WIFI or not, as I will use my phone to call my family and friends in France with Viber, or send messages with Whatsapp.

Yep maybe we'll see each other there ! ;p
Reply 3
Yeah sorry I meant that there is some form of wifi. Yeah I use my phone a lot for whatsapp and snapchat etc so will be helpful if I know the information too.
Reply 4
up :smile:
Reply 5
Nobody lived in the coppice before ?
Reply 6
There was no wifi in Oscott Gardens, so I very much doubt there is at the Coppice, you could probably use some sort of wifi router though.
Coppice has no wifi. Lived there in my first year and eventually had to get a router and reconfigure it to work with their network.

My flatmates and I made a suggestion to them to include routers in each flat (even increase price of rent slightly if need be) after they said it would cost millions to build a wireless network. I'm guessing they didn't take that advice.

Just contact the Internet provider (ask4) and enquire about routers that would be compatible with the network.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending