The Student Room Group

UKCAT online courses/practice

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section - feel free to move it.

I will be taking the UKCAT on the 17th July this year and am wondering how best to prepare for it. I have bought the 600q book and another book called 'passing the UKCAT and BMAT'. I am planning on doing a course organised by my school on the 22nd June then slowly practising over the next couple of weeks and finally doing one week of intense practice from the 10th-17th July. Does that sound ok?

The only thing is I have recently come across these online courses e.g. Ace Medicine UKCAT course and Emedica UKCAT practice. Has anybody done these and have any feedback? Am a bit worried about it being a waste of money but surely any practice you can get is beneficial?

Thanks a lot! :smile:
bump?
Reply 2
This topic has been done to death and there are plenty of thread on it already!

But essentially, the consensus is to do as many practice questions as possible. Personally I liked the medify, great site, lots of questions
Original post by Freyr
This topic has been done to death and there are plenty of thread on it already!

But essentially, the consensus is to do as many practice questions as possible. Personally I liked the medify, great site, lots of questions

Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lilixxx1000
Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section - feel free to move it.

I will be taking the UKCAT on the 17th July this year and am wondering how best to prepare for it. I have bought the 600q book and another book called 'passing the UKCAT and BMAT'. I am planning on doing a course organised by my school on the 22nd June then slowly practising over the next couple of weeks and finally doing one week of intense practice from the 10th-17th July. Does that sound ok?

The only thing is I have recently come across these online courses e.g. Ace Medicine UKCAT course and Emedica UKCAT practice. Has anybody done these and have any feedback? Am a bit worried about it being a waste of money but surely any practice you can get is beneficial?

Thanks a lot! :smile:

Everything sounds good for your preparation to complete the UKCAT, a great website i used when doing mine was one called Medify, you do have to pay a small amount to join the website but it really does help a lot and one that i would recommend.

Best of luck with your UKCAT, it will all be worth it in the end! :smile:
Original post by 06shawm
Everything sounds good for your preparation to complete the UKCAT, a great website i used when doing mine was one called Medify, you do have to pay a small amount to join the website but it really does help a lot and one that i would recommend.

Best of luck with your UKCAT, it will all be worth it in the end! :smile:

Thank you very much for your advice I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending