The Student Room Group

Do you get offended by nationals, racist or religious jokes?

Do you get offended by such jokes?

If so why?

Also add whether you get offended by jokes about your own race only or also that of others?
Reply 1
No, I see no point in getting upset
Reply 2
If everyone got offended by racist jokes, there wouldn't be a self respecting Irishman seen in England. (Nic-Nac-Paddywack, Paddy Irishman etc. etc.)

I don't get offended by a bit of fun at all, but when someone tries to be genuinely self-righteous or belittling, then they could land on their ass very quickly.
Reply 3
No I don't get offended by anything. They are just words to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I don't get offended by racist jokes of any kind and that includes those of my own or people who are mixed race.

It was interesting, a few days ago I met someone from Sweden who told me a Norwegian joke but the moment I told her a Swedish joke she got offended.
No. I don't read the Guardian and I don't feel the need to be offended at the drop of a hat.
I dont get offended. Getting offended on someone elses behalf now thats annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Only Emos, suckers, losers & some girls get offended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
extra long didgeridoo
Reply 9
Original post by Yasmin25
No I don't get offended by anything. They are just words to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Occasionally religious ones piss me off, only when I'm having a serious debate and they just randomly throw out the "imaginary friend" line. But it's not that big a thing.
It depends who I'm talking to!
Reply 12
I do get offended but I internalise it rather than lashing out. I'm educated foo'.
I just think they're (jokes) stupid

Nationalism in general offends me anyway
Reply 14
If theyre good jokes im fine

Quick Reply

Latest