Countdown to Fresher's week Watch

riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I know this is very early - there is still more then a month - but hey a nice lil' thread to compare/ complain/ get excited or nervous with others is always good.

So now the initial excitement of gaining a place at Lancaster is starting to sink in (well actually it still seems like a dream) what are people thinking?

My first thoughts are, cripes -I'm actually gonna move from the house I have lived in my whole life and meet a lot more people motivated by the same subject as me (for sixth form there was only me studying music!)

Also - how on earth do I pack!!!
RyanT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm thinking "lol, how did I manage to still get in" oh and wondering what college i'll get accepted too, but more importantly...how to celebrate getting in
Retardchar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
Also - how on earth do I pack!!!
Boxes. Lots and lots of boxes.
BlackpoolCraig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, for freshers week, you'll be rushed off your feet, so my advice is to take a lot of meals which can be cooked in a short time - pot noodles and the like.
-=Ric=-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm thinking, how the hell did i get an A!!!!

And now you mention it, its ONLY more than a month away, only seems like yesterday i was doing the A-levels
philip67
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
really? i can't remember sitting the A levels it seems that long ago :|
-=Ric=-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hell yeah, i mean some of my last exams were at the end of june, so i guess its only 2 months ago.
Torn.Sky
Report 12 years ago
Hell yeah, packing is going to be tough. I'm still not entirely sure what to bring. I can't remember if cooking utensils are provided or not. It's all argh.

Prospect of uni = excitement + a small bit of fear x "I don't know what but I like it"

That and I'm now going to work as much overtime as possible to save up as much as I can for Uni. I work at Domino's Pizza so most likely can get a transfer to the Lancaster branch, but having a banked amount should make Fresher's week much easier with buying gym membership, society memberships and food (read: alcohol) and all.
cds
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Torn.Sky)
I can't remember if cooking utensils are provided or not. It's all argh.
Nope, you get a kettle, and a sink.
captain_yesterday
Report 12 years ago
hm i assume no toastie maker...damn
philip67
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
george forman grill all the way
Torn.Sky
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cds)
Nope, you get a kettle, and a sink.
Right! I need to go shopping, then.

Actually, could 2nd/3rd year students give a list of all they'd recommend taking? Or alternatively if a thread with that already exists could I be pointed in the direction of it?
ems33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4&postcount=16
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
So hows it going for people? I really want to go now! Anyone else wish itwas october? So far I've managed to just about figure out what my room will look like so /i can think about what to bring
sam 71187
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not too anxious yet but come next week when most of my mates have gone away to their uni's (I am the last to go by about a week!).

Come then I will b wantin October to come asap.

17 days to go
philip67
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im so excited, i just wanna go, and a few of my mates go either this weekend, or the one after, so ill just be sitting about...
ems33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:ditto:
luke88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not going get much sleep the last few days before we go because I'm going be so excited. Hopefully alcohol will keep me awake. :p:

Just can't wait, 17 days to go! lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?