The Student Room Group

India will be one of the best places in world

Can Modi (present PM of India) make India look like USA? Or can he make it much better before 2025?

Scroll to see replies

Well, only time will tell.
Probably not due to rampant over population and it will probably always be one of the most dangerous countries in the world for women
Reply 3
He can try, but I don't know if he will or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will certainly take time but the one thing holding them back is their method of thinking. I don't want to sound rude but many people there, especially in poorer areas (Richer places too) are very backwards. I went there on holiday once and everywhere we went the guys there could not stop ogling at the girls we were with. They made no effort to be discrete. Let's also not forget the caste system they have there.

Other things to consider

1) Attitudes towards women (Majority want boys/ Rape/ Belief that women is supposed to stay at home)
2) Corruption
3) Huge Population (Poverty, lots of it)
4) Importance of religion to all members there (Less likely to question beliefs)
5) Will take a lot of time to improve all of the above

Those are my views anyway, It would be great if they indeed manage to become one of the better places on Earth though.
Original post by Krish_a
Can Modi (present PM of India) make India look like USA? Or can he make it much better before 2025?

Doubt it. I doubt it will truly be so until they tackle the immense poverty and corruption. And as a side note, deal with their many social issues (understatement of the year.)
Unlikely as there is a major brain drain for starters. After that there is the corruption and equally plenty of social issues to deal with.

It does first and foremost need better form of population control before it could tackle any equality issues which is in the epicentre of 99% of its social problems.
Reply 7
I'm sure he can make it great but making it look like the USA is not that
I smell bull**** not like usa no way.
Reply 9
Original post by abbasahmed786
I smell bull**** not like usa no way.

I think you are just mad that he is going to kill all the muslim invaders
Original post by mazigh
I think you are just mad that he is going to kill all the muslim invaders

How do I know that and na the thing is asia countries are too corrupted to be like usa.
Reply 11
Original post by abbasahmed786
How do I know that and na the thing is asia countries are too corrupted to be like usa.

America is one of the worst countries in the world it is corrupt from the top down
Would that be the same Modi who incited this?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/mar/01/india.lukeharding1

I believe it was.

For starters, perhaps India could invest some of the money from its space programme into educating the backwards parts of India.
Reply 13
Original post by tengentoppa
Would that be the same Modi who incited this?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/mar/01/india.lukeharding1

I believe it was.

For starters, perhaps India could invest some of the money from its space programme into educating the backwards parts of India.

He's already been cleared of any involvement in that you liar
No.
For India to reach the position at which the USA is in currently it would need close to 100 years not a decade. This is due to a few main reasons:

Firstly the massive inequality in India means that it will continue to have millions living in poverty despite the countries economic success.

Secondly large scale corruption especially at a regional level and poor policy making will hinder India's growth

Finally it has a massive population and it's simply to much to ask in terms of improving the lives of over 1 billion people in such a short space of time. We also have the attitude to women which has been highlighted over recent years as well as the caste system with the plight of the Dalit people in particular some cause for concern.

Sorry for the essay!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mazigh
He's already been cleared of any involvement in that you liar

But that ruling has been questioned:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/proceed-against-modi-for-gujarat-riots-amicus/article3393808.ece

And the ruling itself was hardly a ringing endorsement of Modi:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/proceed-against-modi-for-gujarat-riots-amicus/article3393808.ece

He did make inflammatory remarks prior to the massacre and he did very little to quell it. He is unapologetic, comparing the massacre to the death of a puppy.

This is also the man who once promised to deport Muslim Bangladeshis en masse.

I therefore question the claim that he will unify India. He is certainly a divisive and controversial figure.
Original post by Krish_a

Not a chance, India in per capita terms is still below the global average.

Modi can however do some big things over the next decade to put India on the right track...

1) Maintain economic growth in the 5-10% range
2) Tackle inflation (rampant)
3) End India's trade deficit (India lacks the export might of other developing nations)
3) Ensure that all Indian states have constant power (currently suffering blackouts in places)
4) Weaken the caste system and ethnic division

If he can leave office with that record, i'll regard him highly.
Reply 17
We shall see.
Reply 18
It will take longer than a few years to rid the corruption there.
I chuckled at the thread title. I really did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending