The Student Room Group

I'm black and my gf is Indian - paranoia?

My gf's family haven't had much of an issue with my race, and yes Indians aren't necessarily racist (no more than any other culture) but then I get a bit paranoid.....her parents and siblings and aunts/uncles, etc. are in good jobs and came from a good background in India, but then what if I meet some less enlightened, say an extended family member who doesn't take kindly to us together? I'm usually a confident person, but then this weighs at the back of my mind a bit.
Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

As long as you are happy, that is all that matters.
Reply 2
No it won't work black features and colours are not attractive according to Indian standars ...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nilani
No it won't work black features and colours are not attractive according to Indian standars ...

Wrong. She wouldn't be with him, if she wasn't attracted to him. How the hell do you know it won't work? So what if her mother or other relatives don't find him attractive, that's their preference. Simply saying "it won't work" is just ignorant.

OT: You should be fine, just stay confident, and keep the important things in perspective (basically, you and her. Strictly).
Reply 4
Original post by It's a Classic
Wrong. She wouldn't be with him, if she wasn't attracted to him. How the hell do you know it won't work? So what if her mother or other relatives don't find him attractive, that's their preference. Simply saying "it won't work" is just ignorant.

OT: You should be fine, just stay confident, and keep the important things in perspective (basically, you and her. Strictly).

Nop it will never work,unlike whites/blacks and other races,indian familly

Usually traditional indian parents would never let their kids to marry anyone outside their race or culture. tell me how many indian - non indian couple have you seen together ??

Indian familly are not like whites,we can't lvie without our brother's /sister's etc....

If my coussin was dating an outsider I would beat the **** out of the guys to save our famillly honnour...
Original post by Indiang
Nop it will never work,unlike whites/blacks and other races,indian familly

Usually traditional indian parents would never let their kids to marry anyone outside their race or culture. tell me how many indian - non indian couple have you seen together ??

Indian familly are not like whites,we can't lvie without our brother's /sister's etc....

If my coussin was dating an outsider I would beat the **** out of the guys to save our famillly honnour...

That's because you're trying to force your culture on everyone here. But seeing as this is in the WESTERN world, you have no grip on others. So I'd like to see you acting tough out here. Go beat them up, then get your @rse hauled to jail. Anyway, stick on topic. You're just embarrassing yourself. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Try not to worry about it, they don't really matter.
Reply 7
screw the extended family member. It's none of their business, especially if the parents/immediate relatives don't have a problem with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending