The Student Room Group

My family is breaking into pieces

I'm currently doing my A-Level exams for Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics but on top of all that stress is my family's inheritance dispute!

My grandfather and grandmother died days apart half a year ago and since then everything has been a complete disaster. My mother is adamant about receiving her part in my grandparents' estate, but my mum's conservative sister is adamant that only men should be allowed to inherit my grandfather's landed Yorkshire estate. It isn't a particularly large piece of land, no titles attached, but it's land nonetheless and my mother is craving for it. My aunt's husband, has other ideas however and thet argue all the time over it now because her husband wants his wife to have part of the estate.

My aunt has joined hands with her two brothers to defeat my mum for my mum's meddling in affairs that a woman should not engage in and my mum threatened to file a lawsuit to claim her part of the estate but then a fight broke out and somehow my aunt managed to fall over a break a bone and she says that if my mum files a lawsuit then she will report my mum for assault!

Meanwhile my two uncles are also fighting with each other over the estate and one of my uncles's wife says that she would gas her whole family if she doesn't get the estate. Their children (my cousins) now see my mum (their aunt) as a threat to their inheritance and are spreading malicious rumors around school about me and throw stones at me and my friends when they see us and now even my friends don't want to hang out with me :frown:

And then my mum and dad are also suffering a bad relationship because my mum found my dad plotting with my aunt and two uncles in secret, he wants share of the money if he betrays Mum and persuades her to give my uncles the estate.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
inb4 jeremy kyle
Reply 2
Sounds like a bit of a ****ed up family ngl
Original post by Independence
I'm currently doing my A-Level exams for Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics but on top of all that stress is my family's inheritance dispute!

My grandfather and grandmother died days apart half a year ago and since then everything has been a complete disaster. My mother is adamant about receiving her part in my grandparents' estate, but my mum's sister is adamant that only men should be allowed to inherit my grandfather's landsd Yorkshire estate. It isn't a particularly large piece of land, no titles attached, but it's land nonetheless and my mother is craving for it.

My aunt has joined hands with her two brothers to defeat my mum for my mum's meddling in affairs that a woman should not engage in and my mum threatened to file a lawsuit to claim her part of the estate but then a fight broke out and somehow my aunt managed to fall over a break a bone and she says that if my mum files a lawsuit then she will report my mum for assault!

Meanwhile my two uncles are also fighting with each other over the estate and one of my uncles's wife says that she would gas her whole family if she doesn't get the estate.

And then my mum and dad are also suffering a bad relationship because my mum found my dad plotting with my aunt and two uncles in secret, he wants share of the money if he betrays Mum and persuades her to give my uncles the estate.

Wow.
Reply 4

Meanwhile my two uncles are also fighting with each other over the estate and one of my uncles's wife says that she would gas her whole family if she doesn't get the estate.

Your uncle's wife is your aunt.

Not really sure what you want us to do, tbh. You're clever enough to know that you've gotta keep your head down and in the books. If you try to get into the brawl as well, you might find yourself hurt in more ways than one.

You are not in an enviable position. I also have a family and an extended family, and no matter how 'far out' the family tree you go, someone is always warring with another part of the family. I've realised I don't want to get into the fray at all.

You might want to, later on, but honestly, you can't affect what's going to happen. If you do, it might have repercussions for you and your family for the rest of your life. If you don't, there may be the pain I talked about earlier.

My grandfather and grandmother died days apart half a year ago and since then everything has been a complete disaster. My mother is adamant about receiving her part in my grandparents' estate, but my mum's conservative sister is adamant that only men should be allowed to inherit my grandfather's landed Yorkshire estate. It isn't a particularly large piece of land, no titles attached, but it's land nonetheless and my mother is craving for it. My aunt's husband, has other ideas however and thet argue all the time over it now because her husband wants his wife to have part of the estate.

Meanwhile my two uncles are also fighting with each other over the estate and one of my uncles's wife says that she would gas her whole family if she doesn't get the estate. Their children (my cousins) now see my mum (their aunt) as a threat to their inheritance and are spreading malicious rumors around school about me and throw stones at me and my friends when they see us and now even my friends don't want to hang out with me :frown:

Before you do anything else, make sure you are on top of your studies.
Original post by NikolaT

Not really sure what you want us to do, tbh. You're clever enough to know that you've gotta keep your head down and in the books. If you try to get into the brawl as well, you might find yourself hurt in more ways than one.

You are not in an enviable position. I also have a family and an extended family, and no matter how 'far out' the family tree you go, someone is always warring with another part of the family. I've realised I don't want to get into the fray at all.

You might want to, later on, but honestly, you can't affect what's going to happen. If you do, it might have repercussions for you and your family for the rest of your life. If you don't, there may be the pain I talked about earlier.

Can't believe you've put so much depth into a reply for a troll
theres something called a will and somebody called a lawyer
Reply 8
Original post by NikolaT

To be honest I'm on my mum's side. It's the twenty-first century, women should be entitled to the same as men.
Reply 9
Original post by Darkwarrior23
Can't believe you've put so much depth into a reply for a troll

I'm not a troll! This is all real, things like this happen. Maybe you think I'm trolling because you don't belong to an intimate extended family with an inheritance disputd over land. But when things liks inheritance disputes do occur, all Hell can break loose...
I'm not a troll! This is all real, things like this happen. Maybe you think I'm trolling because you don't belong to an intimate extended family with an inheritance disputd over land. But when things liks inheritance disputes do occur, all Hell can break loose...

So you've decided to make a profile on TSR today to solve this inheritance dispute..?
Original post by Darkwarrior23
So you've decided to make a profile on TSR today to solve this inheritance dispute..?

I already have an account but I don't want people on TSR to think I'm weird.
Reply 12
Maybe this can help your mother?
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/28/sister-trying-to-con-me-inheritance

Maybe you can speak to someone at your school in private that you're having family problems?
Seriously, I know they are your family, but tell them to go **** themselves and focus on your own life.

Make sure everybody knows you aren't taking sides then step back and let them do whatever they have to. If the rest of your family wants to destroy their relationships over what sounds like a pretty minor issue, let them, just make sure you aren't involved.
Original post by Paras Agarwal
theres something called a will and somebody called a lawyer

My grandparents didn't write a will. My grandfather once came across a fortune teller back when he was in his late forties while he was on holiday and thd fortune teller told him that he would live well past the age of eighty. He was always so healthy.
I already have an account but I don't want people on TSR to think I'm weird.

Fair enough.

Tbh your family is corrupt...get your education and get out of there.
You have a very creative imagination for a little kid.
Ridiculous troll.
Original post by SloaneRanger
You have a very creative imagination for a little kid.

I'm not little...
I find this absolutely ridiculous on your family's part. Your grandparents have died and there's no grief for them, just fighting over their land? How selfish and disrespectful.

I advise you to stay well away and concentrate on your A-levels. Don't let it come in your way and let your immature family deal with it. Don't be one of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending