Sulfur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I had a technology exam today (innovation challenge) and the booklet has questions on one side with space to write and every other page came with an additional page. I used the additional pages and I needed more - but OCR didn't provide any. My teacher said to use plain A4 paper which I did.

My question is, will OCR accept this? It was only one piece with two photographs and a couple of sentences (annotation) on - I wrote my full name, candidate and centre number and school name along with the unit code along with a *continued on additional page inserted* on the spare paper and my booklet. It's just that it wasn't official OCR additional paper yet they provided no more for candidates that needed even more.
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
I had a technology exam today (innovation challenge) and the booklet has questions on one side with space to write and every other page came with an additional page. I used the additional pages and I needed more - but OCR didn't provide any. My teacher said to use plain A4 paper which I did.

My question is, will OCR accept this? It was only one piece with two photographs and a couple of sentences (annotation) on - I wrote my full name, candidate and centre number and school name along with the unit code along with a *continued on additional page inserted* on the spare paper and my booklet. It's just that it wasn't official OCR additional paper yet they provided no more for candidates that needed even more.
They should have given you the special 'JCQ' or 'JMB' additional space paper. Don't worry though, at OCR they have people who deal with this sort of thing and so along as the A4 paper is with and attached to your exam paper they should get your answers and it will be fine.
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by yellowcopter)
They should have given you the special 'JCQ' or 'JMB' additional space paper. Don't worry though, at OCR they have people who deal with this sort of thing and so along as the A4 paper is with and attached to your exam paper they should get your answers and it will be fine.
Thank you!
Cardboard123456
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)

Hi how was your innovation challenge. I am in yr 10 and studying product design and I wanted to know a but about the exam to help me study fir next year. Could you help me?
angel2699
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What was in the innovation challenge? i would like to practice a paper before i go into my mock exam in January but we haven't done one in school yet. is there any chance you could help me out with what some of the challenges were and what the examiner is looking for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.56%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.94%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.38%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.31%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (31)
9.69%
Financial worries (22)
6.88%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.94%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.5%

Watched Threads