The Student Room Group

Why does TSR censor **** but has a whole sub forum dedicated to sexual intercourse

Scroll to see replies

Erm ...
Reply 2
What is the **** in your title?
Reply 3
I think you've had too much internet for today. Turn off your monitor, take a deep breath and go outside.
Reply 4
Original post by Thuth
I think you've had too much internet for today. Turn off your monitor, take a deep breath and go outside.

It's midnight and daddy is awake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Pork sword

Not that I really care or anything but what the **** is wrong with you
Reply 5

What forum are you referring to?
where is this sub-forum ? is it for subscribers only ?
Reply 7
Original post by Idle
What forum are you referring to?

The forum were all anonymous users go in detail how they had sex with A and fought with B and because R was drunk infatuated to giving an oral to Q

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by RedArrow
The forum were all anonymous users go in detail how they had sex with A and fought with B and because R was drunk infatuated to giving an oral to Q

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relationships =/= sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know you love it.
TSR is falling faster than a frozen chicken out of an airplane.
Reply 11
Because sexual health isn't something we should be embarrassed to talk about and it is something important to quite a lot of students. As a responsible student site, TSR should support students in all aspects of their health and well-being.

However, as there are children on this site, they are not allowed to go into detail about positions etc (if a moderator sees something that is far too detailed they would remove the post/thread or edit it out).

As there are children on the site, this is why everything is sensored. Plus TSR doesn't want to create a hostile environment and some people are just sensitive to swear words/rude things.
Original post by Sazzy890
As there are children on the site...Plus TSR doesn't want to create a hostile environment and some people are just sensitive to swear words/rude things.

you may or may not be right that these are sentiments held, but they are not the reasons. They don't need to be. There are two compelling reasons for which **** and **** and even ***** are censored on this commercial site and they both have to do with revenue. **** will trip the filter at all UK schools, which limits daytime traffic, and it also upsets advertisers.
Original post by cambio wechsel
you may or may not be right that these are sentiments held, but they are not the reasons. They don't need to be. There are two compelling reasons for which **** and **** and even ***** are censored on this commercial site and they both have to do with revenue. **** will trip the filter at all UK schools, which limits daytime traffic, and it also upsets advertisers.

That is also most certaintly another reason. I'm sure TSR itself would not deny this as it is a student site, what kind of student site would it be if children could not use it at school? :tongue:

But my reasons are still, in practice, part of why TSR doesn't allow in-detail sex chat. (And I am right that these sentiments are held as I used to mod H&R :yep:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Because sexual health isn't something we should be embarrassed to talk about and it is something important to quite a lot of students. As a responsible student site, TSR should support students in all aspects of their health and well-being.

However, as there are children on this site, they are not allowed to go into detail about positions etc (if a moderator sees something that is far too detailed they would remove the post/thread or edit it out).

As there are children on the site, this is why everything is sensored. Plus TSR doesn't want to create a hostile environment and some people are just sensitive to swear words/rude things.

You basically said that TSR should inspire children to have sexual intercourse and shouldn't be embarrassed about it

But Mr. Cambio has revealed the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You basically said that TSR should inspire children to have sexual intercourse and shouldn't be embarrassed about it

But Mr. Cambio has revealed the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, that's not what I said. People shouldn't be embarrassed to talk about health (whether that is physical, mental or sexual). TSR should be a source of advice to ensure safe sex (because if people are to have sex, it is important that they understand the consequences and how to do it safely i.e. to avoid diseases and pregnancy). That is a responsible thing for a student site to allow people to discuss and is very different from 'encouraging' or 'promoting' sex (or promoting underage sex) and providing sex tips.

The fact is, everyday there are underage children having sex. TSR can't stop that. But it is a responsible thing for TSR to have a subsection for these people to go to for advice - I'm sure parents would rather that, if their children are going to do it, they do it safely and have someone to talk to about it rather than get pregnant or get a nasty disease.
Reply 17
No, that's not what I said. People shouldn't be embarrassed to talk about health (whether that is physical, mental or sexual). TSR should be a source of advice to ensure safe sex (because if people are to have sex, it is important that they understand the consequences and how to do it safely i.e. to avoid diseases and pregnancy). That is a responsible thing for a student site to allow people to discuss and is very different from 'encouraging' or 'promoting' sex (or promoting underage sex) and providing sex tips.

The fact is, everyday there are underage children having sex. TSR can't stop that. But it is a responsible thing for TSR to have a subsection for these people to go to for advice - I'm sure parents would rather that, if their children are going to do it, they do it safely and have someone to talk to about it rather than get pregnant or get a nasty disease.

Now that I convinced you little kids are having sex can you give your two cents on tsr's logic to censor the word ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now that I convinced you little kids are having sex can you give your two cents on tsr's logic to censor the word ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, I think you are choosing to ignore a lot of what sazzy has said RedArrow...

We aren't going to allow swear words on the site because it isn't appropriate and I'm afraid we aren't going to change that.
Cause TSR is trying to promote nice community and not one full of expletives.

Plus, its far better to call someone a lemon than swear at them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending