Toxic_Legends
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,

I finish my GCSE's in about a week and basically, my sixth form has asked me to give a list of potential A level subjects, I wish to take. So, my question is how hard is A Level ICT? Is it a respected subject? Is it similar to GCSE ICT (OCR) and how much percent is coursework/exam?

Thanks
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Toxic_Legends)
Hey,

I finish my GCSE's in about a week and basically, my sixth form has asked me to give a list of potential A level subjects, I wish to take. So, my question is how hard is A Level ICT? Is it a respected subject? Is it similar to GCSE ICT (OCR) and how much percent is coursework/exam?

Thanks
Heya, I'm going to put this in the ICT forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=132
kastiel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey! I take A-Level ICT with OCR! I'm a bit of what you would call a teachers pet, but that means I get the good marks!
(NOTE: I take the NON APPLIED course. In my opinion, the Applied course is less respected, as it is 100% coursework).

I cannot compare it to the GCSE course, as I did not take GCSE ICT.

It's fairly easy, if you are competent with computers. The coursework makes up 40% of the overall grade, and the exam is 60%. (but we spent 85% of each year on the coursework!!). The coursework at AS is easier than at A2, because there is a wider variety of things you can do and there is much less paperwork.

The exams are easy if you know what to do. If you read the book a couple of times through, making notes, and do and mark all of the past papers, then you should be fine. That's whats kept me afloat these two years!

I have really enjoyed my time in ICT! It's challenging enough, but not too hard that you cry every time you walk into the class. Although I say this, many of the people dropped out in the transition from AS to A2, as they couldn't be arsed with the A2 Coursework project. (It's not that bad, I swear!)

If you need to know any more, then feel free to ask!~
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads