The Student Room Group

Request

Hi,
If any one can so please help me, how should study well in physics. I have an exam after 6 month and I'm working in a software company.pleaseee
Hello and welcome to TSR.

There are no rules that work for everyone. Your learning style, innate ability, motivation, tenacity all will have a big impact on whether you do well or not.

There is no substitute for hard work. You have to start at the beginning and more than just learning facts, you need to understand the underlying principles and be able to apply them to solve problems:

You start applying physics by:

1) understanding and defining a problem.
2) experimenting and making measurements so that a mathematical model form can be described.
3) finding solutions to unknown variables in mathematical form (manipulating the mathematical model).
4) interpreting the answer in an appropriate way to predict a physical outcome.
5) testing that outcome by experimenting and making measurements to prove the answer is correct.
6) repeating the steps if the outcome does not agree with prediction.

Find yourself some good textbooks appropriate to the level you are studying.

Work through it and clarify your understanding by using supplementary information from the very many physics learning websites across the internet.
Seek out further information to enhance your understanding
Refine your understanding and practice, practice, practice until it becomes second nature.

TSR is a great resource. If you get stuck on a particular problem there are many volunteers who are only too willing to help you improve.

Above all, be prepared to put in a lot of effort. The more you put in, the more benefits you will get from it.

Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest