Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    should you? or is it a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    Good friend? ie as in very close?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, like a best (male) friend

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl on here who I really like. Her name is Dani. She is mindblowing! You know what I mean? What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    should you? or is it a bad idea?
    depends, pros and cons. pro is you know them in and out already which makes it much more laid back at the start.

cons, when it goes tits up then youve lost your best friend as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy)
    There's a girl on here who I really like. Her name is Dani. She is mindblowing! You know what I mean? What can I do?
    Stop being such a twit for a start :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it's really hard deciding whether or not to go out with a friend... i went out my best friend, and although it didn't work out i don't regret it.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    it's really hard deciding whether or not to go out with a friend... i went out my best friend, and although it didn't work out i don't regret it.

lou xxx
    but can you still remain friends after you split up...

obviously you were lucky enough for it to work out after it didn't work out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    but can you still remain friends after you split up...

obviously you were lucky enough for it to work out after it didn't work out!
    if you both want it, it can work... but it's not easy at all.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeah because i can truely say that if it weren't for this guy i probably would be in hospital or not here at all :rolleyes: hes been my best friend for a good few months and helped me through some tough times, and at the same time as i like him as more than that i don't want to risk the relationship (and my sanity!) for just going out. i also dont want to end up hating him like i hate my recent ex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    yeah because i can truely say that if it weren't for this guy i probably would be in hospital or not here at all :rolleyes: hes been my best friend for a good few months and helped me through some tough times, and at the same time as i like him as more than that i don't want to risk the relationship (and my sanity!) for just going out. i also dont want to end up hating him like i hate my recent ex.
    Do you find this man attractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    It's hard to know what to do in this situation... :confused:

However clichéd it sounds, I spose all you can do is follow your heart. If you both really like each other, I can't see it being a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be true to say that we all fancy our guy friends a little?

I wouldn't get that close to someone if I fancied them.

But I always prefer to know someone slightly (although not best friend or good friend) rather than strangers for dating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)

But I always prefer to know someone slightly (although not best friend or good friend) rather than strangers for dating.
    How do you deal with fancying them?

Or to rephrase it... if I fancied a girl who's one of my friends what could I do about it? :confused:

ReputationRep:

Well to be fair you are likely to be friends / get close to a girl even if you find them unattractive so could the same not be said for guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy)
    Do you find this man attractive?
    i don't judge anyone on looks.... so i couldn't say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    How do you deal with fancying them?

Or to rephrase it... if I fancied a girl who's one of my friends what could I do about it? :confused:
    If you are happy and comfortable around her being friends with her, then still act like friends. Is this an actual situation you are in?

But I couldn't do that. I like to keep them seperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    i don't judge anyone on looks.... so i couldn't say
    I don't judge people on looks either... am I the only guy like this?!? It sometimes feels like it. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you are happy and comfortable around her being friends with her, then still act like friends. Is this an actual situation you are in?

But I couldn't do that. I like to keep them seperate.
    This is an actual situation yeah. The trouble is if I lost them as a friend I'd just be completely lost and not know what to do... they're such a good friend which is why I've been stressing out about it the last couple of days :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    I don't judge people on looks either... am I the only guy like this?!? It sometimes feels like it. :confused:
    well i feel like the only girl who doesn't (although a lot of girls don't admit it) :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.