The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

happysunshine
Would it be true to say that we all fancy our guy friends a little?

i think so - i have a close guy friend..we both get on really well, flirt like hell but we have both agreed on many occasions that that is exactly how we want it kept.. we flatter each other by flirting with each other, but i always know that he will be there as a friend.. dating is dodgy ground, a friend of mine dated a very good friend.. went tits up, and its never been the same even though they have tried. tempting as it may seem, i would enter into it with extreme caution
happysunshine
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. Maybe girls touch guys in different ways to a girl, ie. hugs.

But just general flirting.

I've hugged girls that are my friends before now. What's wrong with that? :rolleyes:
Reply 42
happysunshine
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. Maybe girls touch guys in different ways to a girl, ie. hugs.

But just general flirting.

I just don't think thats true.
presebjenada
i think so - i have a close guy friend..we both get on really well, flirt like hell but we have both agreed on many occasions that that is exactly how we want it kept.. we flatter each other by flirting with each other, but i always know that he will be there as a friend.. dating is dodgy ground, a friend of mine dated a very good friend.. went tits up, and its never been the same even though they have tried. tempting as it may seem, i would enter into it with extreme caution

I agree with everything you say. It's good having a mutual 'ego massager' without any ties.

And good friends to dating, is a big risk.
Reply 44
gee people, thanks for hijacking my post! nah, doesn't matter, i don't care.

but what do i do?
Me2
gee people, thanks for hijacking my post! nah, doesn't matter, i don't care.

but what do i do?

I did offer my help (of little use probably though).

Go for it, if he likes you too.
Pixelfairy #1
Thanks :smile: Shame I'm not so good at english (the subject)...

I know what you mean though. The trouble is the one time its important to be this big fantastic advert and to sell myself, she'll catch me off guard and ill ruin the chance :frown:

But shouldn't I also be myself not just what she wants me to be? I know that could lead to more rejection but everyone always says be yourself...

:confused:

Make the most of your best qualities, that is all. Never be someone else. If you're talkative, be even more so.
happysunshine
Make the most of your best qualities, that is all. Never be someone else. If you're talkative, be even more so.

I'm the opposite... very shy. I'm trying to talk to her but its very hard when you really like someone. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help though :smile:
Pixelfairy #1
I'm the opposite... very shy. I'm trying to talk to her but its very hard when you really like someone. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help though :smile:

It doesn't matter at all, shy guys are perfect for the talkative and shy girls. Be an all round guy if you can too. Like the perfect girl is someone who is clever, fashionable, sporty, girly, funny, male like and all.
i personally think it is a bad idea because it might not work out and therefore ruins the friendship without doubt - however wherever you find love is where you find it and that is always important - if you feel strongly enough and have grown together then go for it :smile: but beware - it can be messy
happysunshine
Like the perfect girl is someone who is clever, fashionable, sporty, girly, funny, male like and all.

How did you know she's like that? Are you psychic or something?!? :smile:
Reply 51
Kurdt Morello
i personally think it is a bad idea because it might not work out and therefore ruins the friendship without doubt - however wherever you find love is where you find it and that is always important - if you feel strongly enough and have grown together then go for it :smile: but beware - it can be messy

I think it's a good idea. If I really liked the person, despite their being a good friend but in fear of ruining the relationship I never gave it a chance then I would feel very regretful.
Pixelfairy #1
How did you know she's like that? Are you psychic or something?!? :smile:

Haha, maybe! No, I live in your minds and have analysed you all for many years.

And that is the perfect girl, it doesn't matter what she looks like if she has all them traits she'll have boys falling over her!
happysunshine
Haha, maybe! No, I live in your minds and have analysed you all for many years.

And that is the perfect girl, it doesn't matter what she looks like if she has all them traits she'll have boys falling over her!

That's the problem... she is really popular and I don't know if I stand a chance anyway... friend or not :frown:
cani ask - has it suddenly come to a head? as in, why are you making this decision now? has he asked you? or has sth been said?
pinkfairy
I think it's a good idea. If I really liked the person, despite their being a good friend but in fear of ruining the relationship I never gave it a chance then I would feel very regretful.

good point :smile:
Reply 56
presebjenada
cani ask - has it suddenly come to a head? as in, why are you making this decision now? has he asked you? or has sth been said?

er... well no, we flirted during the whole 6 months that i was going out with my last boyfriend, and before that. its just we broke up 2 weeks ago, so now i'm available..... but theres another problem; i'm enjoying being single after 6 months with a complete pillock. i want all the fun of a relationship, but none of the commitment..... gee i sound like a guy :P!
Pixelfairy #1
That's the problem... she is really popular and I don't know if I stand a chance anyway... friend or not :frown:

Well if she was really that nice then she wouldn't care whether you are popular or not.

And remember be confident about yourself.

I have to go now, so good luck!
presebjenada

Well there was this big trip to the cinema some time ago and everyone (all girls) were talking about valentines day and their bfs. I sed "That's why I'm glad I don't have a gf". About 20 seconds after that I realised what I'd said and it dawned on me that I do like her in that way.

Over the last few weeks I've been trying really really hard with her but nothing's happening for good or bad and I just don't feel like I can live with not knowing any more... but I don't want to lose my chance - if I've got one - at the same time. :frown:
Pixelfairy #1
Well there was this big trip to the cinema some time ago and everyone (all girls) were talking about valentines day and their bfs. I sed "That's why I'm glad I don't have a gf". About 20 seconds after that I realised what I'd said and it dawned on me that I do like her in that way.

Over the last few weeks I've been trying really really hard with her but nothing's happening for good or bad and I just don't feel like I can live with not knowing any more... but I don't want to lose my chance - if I've got one - at the same time. :frown:

how long have you been friends
how close friends are you as in what do you tell each other (are we talking.. i have genital warts kind of friendship! sorry about that eg!!)
how old are you both
where did you meet
how often do you see each other
do you have mutual friends
what do you mean by you have been trying really really hard

sorry baoutthe spanish inquisition but im only trying to provide helpful advice!

Latest

Trending

Trending