emiliestirling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

Just wondering what you do when you miss a lecture (illness or whatever)?
I'm coming in September from Australia and at my Uni all lectures are recorded and can be accessed afterwards.

Do you have anything like that there? Or are you pretty screwed if you are sick?
Mav455
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some unis record lectures, otherwise you can ask friends from your course if you can borrow their notes
emiliestirling
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for replying. Do you know if Keele records them?
creative_thinker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I study at the keele management school and although they don't record lectures, all lecture slides are placed online before the lecture for you to see

Posted from TSR Mobile
greenfly125
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some lectures take registers other don't. Depends on the course. Missed absence without reason may lead to discipline but that's in extreme circumstances. If you're ill or you have another genuine reason you just email the lecturer and you will be excused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kate113855
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do English at Keele and sweet fa is done if you miss lectures. Even in my recorded ones I've never been apprehended for missing a few a semester. Just don't take the mickey with it because they'll probably coin if you're not actually ill and are just being lazy. Don't miss the seminars and you'll be fine.
barneyrl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on your course. All geology sessions- lectures, labs, fieldwork- are compulsory, and there's a register you'll need to sign. Biology labs are compulsory, along seminars and some schoolwide lectures, like ethics of animal testing, but not all sessions are recorded.

If there is an issue like illness or any other extenuating circumstances, email your school office to let them know, as they deal with your actual attendance. Email your lecturer and or your personal tutor, to maintain good communications, let them know you're not just skipping and to see if there are any resources you've missed that they'd be happy to give you. Your personal tutor may be able to offer you extra help if it's a more serious/ongoing concern.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (32)
34.04%
No (49)
52.13%
I don't know (13)
13.83%

Watched Threads