Turn on thread page Beta

Best and worst British holiday destinations watch

ReputationRep:
    Name the worst or best part of the country you would consider for a trip?
    My vote goes to Colwyn bay

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool for the best

And I don't live far away. You've got to admit that place is magical :rolleyes:

Great Yarmouth is pretty bad, although I have never been there on a holiday, I just live not too far away. Cornwall is a nice place in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakooga)
    Great Yarmouth is pretty bad, although I have never been there on a holiday, I just live not too far away. Cornwall is a nice place in the summer.
    Cornwall is a beaut...

ReputationRep:
    Newquay is the best, on a good summers day it could be california
    Blackpool is the worst, it made me feel ashamed to be British

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    Blackpool for the best
    Yes I agree.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Blackpool its just full of Manc and Scouce scallies drinking too much and getting into fights. Blackpool is ok if you don't have the misfortune to get into trouble.

I like Southport but its a bit boring, my favourit UK holiday desintation is probablty Llandudno but I would imagine I would get bored there now.

Rhyl has to be the worst, Blackpool without the fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Name the worst or best part of the country you would consider for a trip?
    My vote goes to Colwyn bay
    Worst place: Luton (my town, in the top ten crappest towns in Britain, as voted by the general public). The only reason you should come here is to catch a plane to a nicer place.

Best place: Bournemouth/Devon (probably)

ReputationRep:
    Best Place: Wirral, Isle of White, Cornwall, Kentish countryside (any of it)

Worst Place: Blackpool, Blackpool, Blackpool, Blackpool, mini-Blackpool (Rhyll)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Best Place: Wirral, Isle of White, Cornwall, Kentish countryside (any of it)

Worst Place: Blackpool, Blackpool, Blackpool, Blackpool, mini-Blackpool (Rhyll)
    Rhyl's not a mini-Blackpool... where's the piers? and the tower? and the trams? and the fun?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Best: Ilfracombe/Combe Martin, Boscastle, Llandudno, London, Dorset, Keswick, Liverpool, Ingleton

Worst: Blackpool, Weymouth, Tenby, Angelsea, Hastings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Best: Ilfracombe/Combe Martin, Boscastle, Llandudno, London, Dorset, Keswick, Liverpool, Ingleton

Worst: Blackpool, Weymouth, Tenby, Angelsea, Hastings
    You've been pretty much all over the UK

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool for the best

And I don't live far away. You've got to admit that place is magical :rolleyes:
    Sorry i absolutely hate blackpool. it's just so tacky and pepsified !!! The rides are ok but the rest of the joint is dreadful.

Sorry if i've offended anyone.

V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by villarde)
    Sorry i absolutely hate blackpool. it's just so tacky and pepsified !!! The rides are ok but the rest of the joint is dreadful.

Sorry if i've offended anyone.

V
    haha well I can see how some people may like Blackpool but I hate all the commerical type bars you find it blackpool. Its also far too tacy. I just find for a night out its far easier/cheaper and saver just to go to Manchester so Blackpool has no novelty to me at all. If I want a beach I will go to spain, if I want to hills I will go Llandudno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    Newquay is the best, on a good summers day it could be california
    word!

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    You've been pretty much all over the UK
    Quite a bit of it (tenby, angelsea and ingleton especially) on fieldtrips....tenby/angelsea at easter in a static caravan with 5 other people is not going to enamour itself to anyone...(ingleton was great though)

And to think I spent my first two holidays at Butlin at Pwythelli (sorry can't spell it)

ReputationRep:
    Rhyl's not a mini-Blackpool... where's the piers? and the tower? and the trams? and the fun?
    But there is the tackyness, the fighting drunk scallies, the endless arcades, the dirtyness, the vomit on the pavement...just on a smaller scale.

I think the fun left Blackpool in the 60s.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I have an irrational dislike of Bournemouth.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    But there is the tackyness, the fighting drunk scallies, the endless arcades, the dirtyness, the vomit on the pavement...just on a smaller scale.

I think the fun left Blackpool in the 60s.
    Rhyl sun centre was one of the first swimming pools with slides....I remember going there when I was 3 or 4 and being amazed by the place.

ReputationRep:
    Best: Florida (USA)
    Worst: Gran Canaria (Mars Surface)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.