The Student Room Group

AQA Core Science Paper 1 Higher June 2014 -SCA1HP

Was wondering how everyone did :s-smilie: Everyone in my school is saying that it was hard

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found it rather easy... But why were things not from the specimen there :/

What did you guys put for the helium question... I wrote that it's dangerous in high amounts or something lol
Reply 2
I put that its a limited resource and that it could be put to use for more important things D:
I found the paper hard but I could answer them all lol I don't know. I know ive lost marks on the resolution question
I put 5. :frown: its probably 0.1 or something.
Reply 3
I messed up on the particulates question definitely :/ How on earth should I know why is it hard to predict the levels in the future.... :/
I can't even remember the resolution question haha what was it again?
Reply 4
The graph with the metals and you had to put what resolution would best ? i cant really remember.
I know ive got the iron oxide III question wrong :/
Reply 5
I would have preferred to do the biology unit 1 paper to be quite fair :/ I feel as if I've done badly but I got similar answers with people who found it relatively easy.
I missed out the whole page with the specific heat capacity question on by accident.
I have gotten about 80% on every mock we did.

Considering in the past a* boundries have been as low as 61% for a test I honestly found easier. Do you think I could still get an a* on this test (I feel I got about 65-70%)
Reply 7
Oh, you mean the equation one? I put 500 for some weird reason :/ (if I'm thinking of the right one)
I also wish my school did the science papers separately... I've never seen a thread for this paper before :tongue: I thought it was just my school that chose this option

Oh and what part of the iron question? For the balanced equation I wrote:
2FeO + C ----> 2Fe + CO2
I think that should be right :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ShadowedDoctor
I missed out the whole page with the specific heat capacity question on by accident.
I have gotten about 80% on every mock we did.

Considering in the past a* boundries have been as low as 61% for a test I honestly found easier. Do you think I could still get an a* on this test (I feel I got about 65-70%)

Yeah, if you got most of them correctly then I think you should be able to get an A*!!
Reply 9
I hope so but I think it will be slightly higher :frown: I think I need to start paper 2 revision, i feel like i've done really bad.
Reply 10
Original post by emy-n
Oh, you mean the equation one? I put 500 for some weird reason :/ (if I'm thinking of the right one)
I also wish my school did the science papers separately... I've never seen a thread for this paper before :tongue: I thought it was just my school that chose this option

Oh and what part of the iron question? For the balanced equation I wrote:
2FeO + C ----> 2Fe + CO2
I think that should be right :smile:

I put that too but wasn't it Iron oxide (III) so fe2O3 :confused: what was the other iron question? I'm worrying like mad.
So everyone what are your predictions for grade boundaries.
Reply 12
Yeah, you're correct :/ can't believe I got that wrong....

Ummm I think maybe 43 or 44 out of 60....
Out of 60?!?!?!
Well, i did the foundation paper and it was piss-easy! I didn't even revise at all and still i believe i aced it though! :cool: Hopefully i'd've done well at least i think so, its up to god! But yeah i didn't revise from any textbooks, it was just a couple of past papers and some of the questions did repeat but in a slyly diff way. It was a great exam though! I walked in thinking i was going for an F, at the end of the 90 minutes, i completed all questions with all my effort and have a great chance of the C grade. Thats why past papers are much more useful than textbooks. :colone:

BTW its around about 60/90 to get a C.

Cheers. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
I guess 70-75 out of 90 for an A* Seeing some people found it quite easy ?
I am hoping its 60-65 for an A*
My school do the three sciences separately. My science teacher gave me 2 past papers like the one you sat today and they were indeed hard - he said a B on your paper roughly equates to an A* on ours. I can confirm that the Biology Unit 1 paper I sat today did seem quite easy, but don't worry about it because our mark scheme will probably be more specific and we'll have a higher grade boundary.
Reply 17
Original post by ShadowedDoctor
Out of 60?!?!?!

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong grade boundary :/
Then yeah, maybe 66-68 out of 90 for an A*
Original post by emy-n
I found it rather easy... But why were things not from the specimen there :/

What did you guys put for the helium question... I wrote that it's dangerous in high amounts or something lol

Helium is an inert, un reactive gas. I don't think it's dangerous. The only time it would be dangerous is if it was inhaled because it would prevent you from inhaling oxygen. However, the question said. "party balloons" not 'inhaling'
For the helium one it was todo with 1. The fact that it was running out and is used for more important reasons such as medical operations.
2. Nitrogen the most common gas can be used instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending