DebateDebacle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, I am really stressed out right now, I'm barely taking in any of the information when I'm revising for my last few exams, and they're all so nearby! I've got no idea about how I should plan my revision from now either in terms of what needs the most work, I know Chemistry unit 4 and 5 will be the toughest out of the exams I've got, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me any advice on how to plan my time from now! I only know for the next couple of days i should be doing chemistry and stats, but here are my remaining exams:

9th June: AQA Chem unit 4
10th June: MEI Stats 2
13th June: AQA Biology Unit 4
16th June: MEI C3
17th June: AQA Chem unit 5
18th: MEI C4
20th: AQA Biology unit 5

Gaahhhh what do i do?? Sorry if it seems like I'm lazy or the like, but my mind is so confused and hit a block!
vhowkins
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Use the revision planner on here. You can set priorities.

Everything should be fine, just take a half hour break and listen to some great songs to motivate yourself
Helloyellowmello
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by solitarysniper)
Hi guys, I am really stressed out right now, I'm barely taking in any of the information when I'm revising for my last few exams, and they're all so nearby! I've got no idea about how I should plan my revision from now either in terms of what needs the most work, I know Chemistry unit 4 and 5 will be the toughest out of the exams I've got, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me any advice on how to plan my time from now! I only know for the next couple of days i should be doing chemistry and stats, but here are my remaining exams:

Gaahhhh what do i do?? Sorry if it seems like I'm lazy or the like, but my mind is so confused and hit a block!
if those were my exams, I'd spend today doing chem and stats, tomorow just doing chem, straight after chem exam do stats for rest of day, after stats exam TAKE A BREAK only do light revision that day. considering you have so many exams the last thing you want it to burn out! after 2 exams one after the other you need to rest
then on the 12th, spend the whole day doing biology. then straight after your biology exam, do core 3 and chem5.
on the 14th, do c3 and chem 5 aswell.
on the 15th, just do c3. straight after your core 3 exam on the 16th do chem 5 for rest of day.
after chem 5 I would've advised you to take a break for that day and rested HOWEVER you have an exam the next day so I'm afraid you'll have to push through and revise for c4 for the rest of the day. (one day on c4 doesn't seem like a lot but if you've been revising and doing your homework throughout the year then it should be fine.)
on the 18th, after your exam take it easy as you've just had 3 exams consecutively you need a break as you'll just die in your last exam lol. so rest for the rest of that day, and on the 19th do biology for the whole day
DebateDebacle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Helloyellowmello)
if those were my exams, I'd spend today doing chem and stats, tomorow just doing chem, straight after chem exam do stats for rest of day, after stats exam TAKE A BREAK only do light revision that day. considering you have so many exams the last thing you want it to burn out! after 2 exams one after the other you need to rest
then on the 12th, spend the whole day doing biology. then straight after your biology exam, do core 3 and chem5.
on the 14th, do c3 and chem 5 aswell.
on the 15th, just do c3. straight after your core 3 exam on the 16th do chem 5 for rest of day.
after chem 5 I would've advised you to take a break for that day and rested HOWEVER you have an exam the next day so I'm afraid you'll have to push through and revise for c4 for the rest of the day. (one day on c4 doesn't seem like a lot but if you've been revising and doing your homework throughout the year then it should be fine.)
on the 18th, after your exam take it easy as you've just had 3 exams consecutively you need a break as you'll just die in your last exam lol. so rest for the rest of that day, and on the 19th do biology for the whole day
Ermahgerd I cannot thank you enough for your advice here, and I am very grateful for you taking the time out to write that in-depth reply/schedule!

I must say I thoroughly agree with your plan and it's similar to the plan I just laid out for myself, so I shall try to stick to it as much as possible now!

And again, thank you very much for your help!
username972634
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Think of it this way. You'll be done in two weeks and you have 10 weeks to recover. It's worth it.
sofiamalik_1995
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I have those exact same exams and the same thing is happening to me. Just try focusing on one thing a time. Spend an hour per chapter and then do loads of pastpapers to get your self in the mind set before the exam.

And most importantly RELAX... We make the silliest mistakes when we're tense or under pressure so the worst thing you can do is stress out.

Good luck with all your papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helloyellowmello
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ermahgerd I cannot thank you enough for your advice here, and I am very grateful for you taking the time out to write that in-depth reply/schedule!

I must say I thoroughly agree with your plan and it's similar to the plan I just laid out for myself, so I shall try to stick to it as much as possible now!

And again, thank you very much for your help!
No problem :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads