The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Accommodation Confirmation

If I remember correctly from last year, and Bangor get their act together, you should be getting a package from them next week sometime, where it will tell you what accommodation you've been allocated and other little things like that.

Post in here when you get it and let us know where you're living in just over a month!:biggrin:

SATURDAY ARRIVAL: ELIDIR, Y BORTH, Y GLYDER, CEFN Y COED, BRYN DINAS, TEGFAN.

SUNDAY ARRIVAL: EVERYONE ELSE!

Ffridd Site:

alehandro (Alex): Y Glyder W107
befskulls (Beth): Y Glyder W205
Slightly Abby (Abby): Cefn Y Coed L001
milton (Aimee): Cefn Y Coed 107
Sash (Sash): Cefn Y Coed L207
magnad (Drew): Llys Tryfan
Helen_w (Helen): Llys Tryfan D111
X_sceneXcore_X (Rich): Llys Tryfan D116
kels488 (Kelsey): Y Borth N006
alxx (Alys): Y Borth N113
stefjarvis (Starr): Y Borth N209
Adam06_ (Adam): Y Borth P016
Vyse12 (Adam): Emrys Evans A104
Amlea (Amy): Emrys Evans A303
Systemofadown (Tom): Emrys Evans B015
Crazynluvinlife (Natalie): Bryn Dinas Z110
Thunder Cat: Elidir

St Marys:

dani_88 (Dani): Main M3
piglet87 (Siobhan): Main M42
Pink_Chick (Gem): Bryn Eithin L01
Little_soph (Sophie): Bryn Eithin K31

Normal Site:

Meg (Meg): Neuadd Seiriol Room 4
Lime_01 (Liam): Neuadd Seiriol Room 14
Lofty (Ben): Neuadd Seiriol Room 56
mizlegz (Jacqui): Neuadd Seiriol Room 86

Neuadd Willis:

rosie0204 (Rosie)

JMJ:

Figaro123 (Adam)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Something else I remembered. You will need passport photos, I needed quite a few, so if you're passing a photo booth in the next day or so get some done!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Ooh thanks I was wondering when we'd hear
Reply 3
Actually it kind of slipped my mind to get my application in for accommodation. I didn't expect to get in so I guess I should ring Bangor up and ask if there is any accommodation I can have. If not i'll just have to go private.
Vyse12
Actually it kind of slipped my mind to get my application in for accommodation. I didn't expect to get in so I guess I should ring Bangor up and ask if there is any accommodation I can have. If not i'll just have to go private.

Bangor guarentees that all first years gets rooms.

Though if for some reason for earth (like hell freezing over) there is a private hall which is currently being built called Neuadd Willis..where I will be living next year which still has some rooms availble

Its £3100 for the basic room. 42 weeks, self cater. ensuite, boardband, telephony, cctv sercurity, a kitchen the size of the ones the uni provides for 18 people, landry on site, opposite a supermarket (well Lidl), in town centre, 4,5 or 6 people corridors.

(possible upgrades include freeview for £65)
Reply 5
a_musical_gal
Bangor guarentees that all first years gets rooms.

Though if for some reason for earth (like hell freezing over) there is a private hall which is currently being built called Neuadd Willis..where I will be living next year which still has some rooms availble

Its £3100 for the basic room. 42 weeks, self cater. ensuite, boardband, telephony, cctv sercurity, a kitchen the size of the ones the uni provides for 18 people, landry on site, opposite a supermarket (well Lidl), in town centre, 4,5 or 6 people corridors.

(possible upgrades include freeview for £65)

Yes, but there were some of us last year who didn't get accommadation. There are more applicants this year i've heard, but if you apply now then you should be alright.
ames123
Yes, but there were some of us last year who didn't get accommadation. There are more applicants this year i've heard, but if you apply now then you should be alright.

That is because last year there decided to let returning student who faked depression to stay in halls living next to their friends.

I reapplyed because for personal and finance reasons (provided edvinces and all) and was told No way...there were being a lot tight-fisted with the number of rooms let to second and third years.
Reply 7
Yeah but there are a lot more applicants this year and also with some of the old accomadation getting knocked down, but apply now and you should be fine!
ames123
Yeah but there are a lot more applicants this year and also with some of the old accomadation getting knocked down, but apply now and you should be fine!

Is Plas Gywn the only one being knocked down next year?

Emrys and Llys Travan aren't for a couple of years yet..I think they are rebuilding Plas Gywn and then knocking Emrys down.
Reply 9
a_musical_gal
Is Plas Gywn the only one being knocked down next year?

Emrys and Llys Travan aren't for a couple of years yet..I think they are rebuilding Plas Gywn and then knocking Emrys down.

Oh yeah I think so.
Reply 10
Vyse12

You should ring Bangor up, although you still should get accomodation info, it might be though that you get put in a youth hostel or a B+B until a halls place becomes available.
Reply 11
Yay I got my accomodation stuff through today! I'm in Y Glyder on the Fridd site, self catered ensuite with internet, just like I wanted:biggrin:
Reply 12
I'm not at home and I've just been told there's a letter from Bangor waiting for me!!! I want it noooowwwwww!!!!!!!

/hyper
Reply 13
when are you home? cause it says theres a £250 deposit that i think needs paying within 14 days or something (didn't check the specifics lol, just saw the hall details)
Reply 14
Later on today, I'm just staying with a friend, but can't get home til she finishes work at 1.

Come on en-suite self catered!!!!
Reply 15
ah ok fair enough then
Reply 16
I've got a welcome pack through from bangor..but nothing about accommodation?
dani_88
I've got a welcome pack through from bangor..but nothing about accommodation?

They come separately. Croeso Welcome Bangor deals with the Halls (plus the medicial forms), the dept sents their own stuff.
Reply 18
Yayyyy! I got the accomodation I wanted; Self catered, En-suite, which comes with internet access :banana:
Reply 19
cool, i wanna know what ive got lol! which site are you on? ffriddoedd?

Latest