The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah and I had my results in July so I guess that might have had something to do with it.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
OMG have had nothing yet!!! I have phoned them and everything though to confirm my place!!arghhh
Reply 42
Amlea
OMG have had nothing yet!!! I have phoned them and everything though to confirm my place!!arghhh

Don't worry, most haven't had anything!
Reply 43
Yeah, I was shocked that people had had the accommodation stuff so early, but it seems that it was because Bangor had their results earlier than everyone else. One was unconditional and one was IB stuff so all earlier than standard A-levels. You'll get it soon don't worry!
ahhhh...Halls. In a way, I miss my old room but I don't miss sharing a shower.

I feel sorry for anyone who gets my orginial room (A410 Emrys). There was something wrong with the window and raditor which meant it was constantly freezing in there even though it was on full. Maintence people came loads of times espically after this glass of water which was in my room froze overnight. But I left that room after 2 months and another girl moved in and had the same problems as me with the heater.

My other room was lovely though (A214 Emrys) and whoever gets it will be lucky because its one of the few on that corrider which don't open if you give it a good kick.

Anyway, I hope you all get the rooms you want.
Reply 45
Anyone know anyone at Rathbone or St. Marys? (Asking just in case i am not put on the ffridd site) What are they like?
dani_88
Anyone know anyone at Rathbone or St. Marys? (Asking just in case i am not put on the ffridd site) What are they like?

Rathbone seems nice. I am thinking of putting that down as an option when I reapply for hall for third year.

Some people reckon Emrys is better but that was because it was next door to the Ffridd bar which has now closed. But from the pictures I have seen, I would say Rathbone looks better and its nearer to Main Arts - which is handy if your like me and sleep late a lot.
Reply 47
Lol i never get out of bed :biggrin:

The ffridd bar has closed??

Rathbone is catered right? The only problem with that is, i dunno if i'd ever be out of bed to eat breakfast? And what if you have lectures when theyre serving dinner or you're busy? Then your just paying for catered but not using it?
Reply 48
Rathbone is catered yeh, and I think it it's a different catered to the Ffridd one, I'm not sure. Those sorts of things can be found out and worked out if you get Rathbone. It's one of the older ones so it's more of a dump (in my words lol).
Reply 49
Snob.. lol :biggrin:
Reply 50
dani_88

Yeah I was in Rathbone for nearly two weeks. I have a friend was on Bryn Ethin which is part of St Marys.

Musical_girl - yeah it is ideal for your third year. The floor I was one mostly had massive bedrooms, really huge! These were mostly occupied myupper years. Where all the first years were was not as nice down below, but they all seemed to like it.

Catered at Rathbone is like Hogwarts whereby there are a few long tables in a hall however food doesn't magically appear or is not set out you have to go and get it like a canteen lol. Most of the time you would be able to have dinner there but if you were out for whatever reason I think, you could ask for dinner to made up for you so you could eat something whilst you were out.
Breakfast wise I just used to get up, eat breakfast and go back to bed, sometimes keep my pj's on underneath my clothes lol. I saw some people in dressing gowns and slippers!

St Marys - as far as I am aware Bryn Ethin is half way up the hill and St Marys (the other part) is further up. If you look on the Bangor website on the pictures there is a picture of Bryn Ethin.

Hope I haven't left anything out!
Reply 51
Did you like it at Rathbone? i've put no preference on my accommodation form, so i could get anything. Whats it like sharing the showers and stuff? Thats the same at St. Marys isn't it? But doesnt St. Marys have internet too though?
Reply 52
dani_88
Snob.. lol :biggrin:

:eek: Maybe I am :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 53
Lol, sorry! Im just not fussed about sharing stuff, coz you're going to share eventually one day..ie moving into a house with only a few others in your second year etc..
Reply 54
dani_88
Did you like it at Rathbone? i've put no preference on my accommodation form, so i could get anything. Whats it like sharing the showers and stuff? Thats the same at St. Marys isn't it? But doesnt St. Marys have internet too though?

Yes, I knew there was a difference but I couldn't think!

Yeah no Rathbone has no internet. I like the fact is more of a traditional hall if you go by some at Nottingham etc. I would of stayed there if I was with friends probably.
The shower/bath and toilet room was huge on my floor but I don't know what they are like on the floors where the first years are. I wore flipflops in the shower and took my dressing gown with me lol. I think you would learn to put up with it. On my floor there was a tiny kitchen, the tiniest of tiniest, you could probably fit two people in it at once at a squeeze lol, but the kitchen downstairs were bigger.
Reply 55
dani_88
Lol, sorry! Im just not fussed about sharing stuff, coz you're going to share eventually one day..ie moving into a house with only a few others in your second year etc..

Yeah but you know those people.
Reply 56
dani_88

Hehe, I'm just used to having lots of space, and my own ensuite at home. I'm not bothered about sharing this year because it is people I've chosen to live with, so I'll put up with it.
Reply 57
If im not in ensuite etc..Then not having internet is gonna take some getting used to!
Reply 58
Amy didnt you you were on the top floor in your halls? I bet that was annoying, walking up all the stairs after a night out etc..

I cant decide whats best: ground or top..because top means stairs and thats gotta be annoying when unpacking etc. but ground means people can see in?
dani_88
Lol i never get out of bed :biggrin:

The ffridd bar has closed??

Rathbone is catered right? The only problem with that is, i dunno if i'd ever be out of bed to eat breakfast? And what if you have lectures when theyre serving dinner or you're busy? Then your just paying for catered but not using it?

Ffridd bar closed before or at Easter because with the longer opening hours nobody was going there...they were going elsewhere so it was losing money.

They plan to use it as a temporary coffee shop when the coffee shop gets rebuilt and then the ffridd bar itself will reopen after its been knocked down and moved to its new location.

However, it will be open for Fresher's Week only.

Rathbone is catered? didn't know that. I prefer to cook my own stuff but I have been think I will probably stay at Neuadd Willis because I will be staying there next summer so I could just stay in the same room for 2 years non stop and make a little home for myself there.

Latest