Relationships or studies?

Watch
Krish_a
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Which is more important?? Most adults would say studies!! I have no idea why! Maybe because they got bored of relationships lol! Some others say studies nor relationships are important! Being happy and enjoying life that's all what matters! :holmes:
vengeance111
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you got to weigh up happiness now, and money in the future
which one is more important ? who knows
m93100
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Education.
Jesscica
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Krishhh hi!!!! My prefrontal cortex is telling my studies but when I get a Crush studies go out the window
Krish_a
Rep:
?
Why can't both be equally important? "system overload" lol
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Both? It's quite possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Both are pretty important, and I don't see why both aren't possible.
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Studies every time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Autistic Merit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The right kind of relationship wouldn't necessarily hinder your studies. In other words, if you both bring out the best in each other. A lot of the boys I teach at school actually became more mature once they got a girlfriend as I suppose they didn't need to show off as much in class any more.
1drowssap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Krish_a)
Which is more important?? Most adults would say studies!! I have no idea why! Maybe because they got bored of relationships lol! Some others say studies nor relationships are important! Being happy and enjoying life that's all what matters! :holmes:
Both are important, and help you to develop as a person. Relationships can affect your studies, and studies can affect your relationships. Having a good balance, allows you to keep both. Being biased towards one may cause you to lose both.
RomnCoton
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Doggy style and revision go hand in hand if you use your lover's back.
TattyBoJangles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's no reason why you can't have both.
My boyfriend and I got together during GCSEs. We're now 20 and at uni (me Medicine, him Chemistry) 400 miles apart. Never have I felt he's holding me back, and I hope he feels the same.

It's all about balance.
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Frequent sex complements studies pretty nicely.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A good relationship will be good for your mental health, stress levels etc, which will be good for your studies.
Krish_a
Rep:
?
Even I think in the same way!! Good Relationships makes you happy!!
SatanicGecko
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know what kind of relationships you are talking about (I am assuming romantic), but given my age, I will go for studies. Just less complicated and most teens now are just pointlessly dating and falling 'in love' etc. At my age, I just don't get it; light-hearted relationships are nice but I know girls around my age who have been engaged
getjob5
Report 6 years ago
Education is main priority, relationships are on the side, they're sort of two seperate things imo.
sliceofcake
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had to make this decision, sort of, a few years ago. My boyfriend at the time asked that I move back in with him in a different city. I was nearly a year into college at this point and I was seriously considering it, though it would have meant leaving college and waiting until September to start a new course in his city. I talked to my personal tutor about my conflict during a review of my work. I said I knew it didn't really involve him so he was clearly biased towards me staying but he pointed out how well I was doing, why would I give that up? I eventually chose to stay and we broke up months later. Thank god. I told myself never to put a relationship before education again.
You shouldn't need to make this choice, if your relationship is getting in the way of your education then there's something wrong with it. Education is incredibly important. Relationships are important too, but they become a part of your life, not your entire life.

EDIT: A similar story from my friend, his girlfriend was jealous of him being around a particular girl on our course and pressured him into leaving and taking up a different course. (Just for context, he DID have a crush on this girl but didn't act on it.) He didn't like the new course and he's soon to start the new version of the course he was on before. She broke up with him anyway.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Relationships are probably more important. But, if you ever have to choose - choose education - if the relationship's worth it, you can make it work.
Krish_a
Rep:
?
:tsr:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (46)
36.8%
No (65)
52%
I don't know (14)
11.2%

Watched Threads