The Student Room Group

G482 exam tips?

I have my g482 physics AS exam on monday and i am finding it difficult to make sure i know everything, anyone got any tips on how to do well on it? :smile:
Reply 1
Hey! I've been revising that too today :smile:

I'm retaking the exam to try and boost my A2 score, and over the two years, the best thing I have learnt about the OCR B course it to hammer out past papers, and know the definitions and equations well.

Also, the units. They used to annoy me so much, but if you take a little time to understand what the units represent, you can get good marks in the first section of the paper.

Be very aware of the powers, as they try and trick you, and match the number of significant figures to values given to you in your answer by rounding appropriately.

Make sure you have prepared for the advance notice article by answering questions on the material and trying to guess what they might ask you as it is a large part of the paper (40/100).

Hope I have helped, Good luck~
I've got the exam as well and I'm not looking forward to it. My Physics teachers haven't taught us anything so we're going into the exam with a blind eye. Pretty much everyone who does Physics in my school isn't looking forward to it. If there was one exam I know that I would have to retake, it would be this one. Nevertheless, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest