Trple science Watch

Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay so i took my core last year, edexcel by the way, and now im taking additional and extension. Will my results come as: core, additional, further additional? or biology, chemistry, physics?
legoody
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you took Triple Science, you should be getting a separate Biology, Physics and Chemistry qualification.
Alextaylor6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For AQA its Biology, Chemistry and Physics and I would assume its the same for Edexcel :badger::banana2::banana::2euk48l::bhangra::beard::bear::bl::charm::danceboy::elefant::evilbanana::groovy::headbang::hump::hoppy::horse::hifro::jebus::jive::kungfu::llama::lolz::lttd::mob::moo::mrt::nyan::nutcase::party2::parrot::perv::pika::popout::rave::reddy::rock::run::shakecane::scrooge::spank::sparta::tee::taz::titan::train2::troll::turban::whip2::woo::worm::yay::yum:
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alextaylor6)
For AQA its Biology, Chemistry and Physics and I would assume its the same for Edexcel :badger::banana2::banana::2euk48l::bhangra::beard::bear::bl::charm::danceboy::elefant::evilbanana::groovy::headbang::hump::hoppy::horse::hifro::jebus::jive::kungfu::llama::lolz::lttd::mob::moo::mrt::nyan::nutcase::party2::parrot::perv::pika::popout::rave::reddy::rock::run::shakecane::scrooge::spank::sparta::tee::taz::titan::train2::troll::turban::whip2::woo::worm::yay::yum:
(Original post by legoody)
If you took Triple Science, you should be getting a separate Biology, Physics and Chemistry qualification.
NOOOOO can't i decide to put my results as core, additional, further -_- ?
IChowder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure about yours but mine (i do edexcel too but yours might be different) are coming as one for core, one for additional and one for triple.
We done Core in year 9 and additional in year 10. Managed to get two A*s and now triples left.
Knee Grow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
Okay so i took my core last year, edexcel by the way, and now im taking additional and extension. Will my results come as: core, additional, further additional? or biology, chemistry, physics?
If you did Core last year then you'll get three qualifications. One in Core Science, one in Additional Science, and one in Further Additional Science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knee Grow)
If you did Core last year then you'll get three qualifications. One in Core Science, one in Additional Science, and one in Further Additional Science

Posted from TSR Mobile
why is that? I'm talking about the certificate... or is it the same? so they don't gather your core science grades and accumulate them to make separate GCSEs for bio chem and phys
Knee Grow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
why is that? I'm talking about the certificate... or is it the same? so they don't gather your core science grades and accumulate them to make separate GCSEs for bio chem and phys

If your school has already cashed in your B1, C1 and P1 units then they cannot be used to get separate qualifications in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/GC...es/fas-dia.png

This diagram kinda explains it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knee Grow)
If your school has already cashed in your B1, C1 and P1 units then they cannot be used to get separate qualifications in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/GCSE-science-2011/PublishingImages/fas-dia.png

This diagram kinda explains it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah ive done B1,C1,P1 and now im doing B2,C2,P2 then B3 etc etc... thanks this makes me feel to much better
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
My edexcel triple science is separate biology, chemistry and physics but yours might not be as you've done core already, I'll be doing all 9 in Year 11
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%