The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by samiln
I think there could be a 6 mark question on wegeners theory

What could we possibly write for six marks?
Reply 21
Original post by manishah2
CAN YOU Please give recommendations what the 6 marker might be about and what do i need to revise for the exam if you have read specification. thanks. i havent yet startd the revision for this.

look at your mocks and see which ones came out most recently. they probably wont come out again
what exactly do we need for the exam then?
Reply 23
can someone help me answer this question please?
describe and explain how petrol is seperated from the mixture of hydrocarbons in crude oil? (6 marks)
Crude oil is separated into different fraction during fractional distillation. The crude oil mixture is heated and vaporized and fed into the bottom of the fractionating column. The column is a tower that has lower temperatures going further up the tower. The different fractions rise up the column until it reaches its corresponding boiling point where it then condensates. Petrol has a relatively low boiling point so it is collected near the top of the column. Hope this help and good luck!!!
Reply 25
Original post by Manexopi
What could we possibly write for six marks?

Erm... what it involved, why it was not accepted at that time. I don't know what else. :/
Do we need to know uses of quicklime - if so what are they!?
No, in the AQA spec it says we do not need to know that
Reply 28
THANKS!!!
well that was horrible. What gas did you get for the one that didnt condense?
Original post by MeganC1384
I put neon :P
Oh dear.. Well that was.. 'challenging' :frown: I didn't expect the 5/6marker to be on that I was well annoyed! Ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ezexamsalltheway
I put neon :P

Ah good so did I (complete guess though!). I hated that exam honestly, the question about why the mean mass was lower than 2.2 was horrific and I found it difficult to identify disadvantages for the 6 marker, although for advantages I just used the table to talk about the environment.
i mean it was ok , i new the topics but unsure on some stuff but was quite hard. i made a lot of silly mistakes though
Original post by MeganC1384

i wrote argon , why did you do neon ?
ugggggggh now for physics
What a horrible paper. It wasnt much theory at all. It was just a whole load of data questions like the limestone one and vegio cooking oils one. Like how were we suppossed to know that? :frown:
It wasn't hard and it wasn't easy... I knew what I was doing (kinda)... It was harder than Biology though

The why was it less that 2.2g was difficult :frown: and I could draw butene because I put 2 carbon carbon bonds instead of one (idiot move) and could only put 6 hydrogens... Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
The last question was horrible and the one about copper ions electrolosis and the one about the gases

Latest

Trending

Trending