The Student Room Group

Working at sports direct.

I work at sports direct & im just about to do my second shift tommorow, the first shift was okay but that was only because I had someone nice and decent who actually helped me but they gave me 10 minutes training and its my first job and they treat the staff not good at all really. SO.. IVE APPLIED FOR NEXT DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THEM TO REPLY?
Many employers dont reply at all. They just reply to the applications they accept.
Reply 2
What is with the caps lock DUDE?

You will be lucky to here back at all unfortunately.
Original post by Anonox
I work at sports direct & im just about to do my second shift tommorow, the first shift was okay but that was only because I had someone nice and decent who actually helped me but they gave me 10 minutes training and its my first job and they treat the staff not good at all really. SO.. IVE APPLIED FOR NEXT DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THEM TO REPLY?

Ehhh you learn with the job in time to be honest, I've been at SD for almost 3 years now and with time you gain respect :smile:

But it can vary how long it takes to hear back from employers really, normally it's a matter of weeks but it can be longer or shorter - depending on whether they're having a recruitment drive or not.
What did your second shift at sports direct entail of? Did they help you when you first came in or did you just not know what to do or were to go because I'm worried!!
Original post by Babaganoush
What did your second shift at sports direct entail of? Did they help you when you first came in or did you just not know what to do or were to go because I'm worried!!

To be fair, it depends on who trains you up. I got ten minutes training when I joined and was therefore thrown in at the deep end, but if you need help from anyone you just ask. When I train people up now, I give them about an hours worth of training normally, until I think they're proficient enough to stand on their own two feet.

If you have any questions or queries though, we've got our own Sports Direct thread you can always come and join us in? we've got some pretty experienced people in the thread and we can all offer help and guidance regarding most, if not all things, SD related :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending